What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Live Nick Drake tribute concert organised by Joe Boyd. CD. Some real talent on here imho.

9 Likes

Something appropriate for watching France Belgium on Decca CD. Expansive and cultured ballet - unlike Greizmann’s late tackle - ouch!

11 Likes

The Byrds - Ballard Of Easy Rider - CD (1969)

14 Likes

LP - c-nut records 2019 : )

Blicher Hemmer Gadd - Get Than Motor Running

<<>>

Michael Blicher - saxophones
Dan Hemmer - hammond organ
Steve Gadd - drums

The third album of this Trio released in November 2019

~ < < > > ~

6 Likes

@GeoffC - I just ordered that one on Monday, so looking forward to it even more now !!

1 Like

Into The Winds - Le parfaict danser: Dance Music 1300 - 1500

An interesting album put forward by Roon. Very good recording and enjoyed it… added to library.

7 Likes

I have to say I think it is worth it. I think Steve has made it a better sounding album plus it is about three concerts worth now. If you’re a Tull fan it’s probably worth it.

2 Likes

The Chameleons - What Does Anything Mean Basically - CD (1985)

3 Likes

I am certainly a big fan of the original, but I often find the “Extended Deluxe” releases are mostly more filler and less thriller…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

A favourite comfort listen :smile_cat:

Stephen Stills - Manassas

18 Likes

The wonderful Abraxas from 1970, and ‘new look’ tidied up record collection :grinning:

24 Likes

Cheers for that!:wink:

21 Likes

John Lee Hooker - Burning Hell

9 Likes

Continuing with the French theme ( I know I know … but Bloomdido Bad De Grasse is French) and more representative of the France Belgium game the wunnerful Gong Camembert Electrique - worth every one of its 59p. Looks like a tropical fish to me.

The pic makes the album look in way better condition than in reality.

10 Likes

I feel a JGW binge coming on. Original UK vinyl…

13 Likes

Lankum ‘Live in Dublin’ in the wake of their Glastonbury performance. The first track ‘Wild Rover’ is remarkably refreshing and sung to a different tune. They might even attract a new audience for folk as The Pogues did.
th-1107254864

3 Likes

16 Likes

More from JGW’s '70s funk period, again on OG UK vinyl:

12 Likes

Hell of a player, Johnny Guitar…
The man had it.

4 Likes

Grateful Dead from the Mars Hotel

13 Likes