What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

naim sampler 8 / 2011 naim / UK CD / naimcd173

I have owned the card sleeve version of this for a very long time, but really wanted the cased version. With a bit of patience, an as new sealed copy recently appeared at a good price, so now I have it.

11 Likes

CD - Verve 2000 : )

Nicholas Payton - nick@night

<<>>

Nicholas Payton - trumpet, flugelhorn
Tim Warfield - soprano and tenor saxophones
Anthony Wonsey - piano, harpsichord, celeste
Reuben Rogers - bass
Adonis Rose - drums

Recorded at Avatar Studios, New York in May 1999

~ << :trumpet: >> ~

7 Likes

I actually nodded off well before the early hours, so giving this a first spin now via the Mac and will return to Alela Diane another day.

It will need some louder listening later. First track has a very folky/sea shanty sound, and Clemetine’s voice is so sweet.

4 Likes

First listen to this my first Crowded House purchase since Woodface and it’s sounding pretty good on the first run through

IMG_0790

Crowded House - Gravity Stairs

10 Likes

King Crimson - Larks Tongues In Aspic

16 Likes

Hi Simon, I think you are incorrect! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:…corrected.

1 Like

A new purchase on vinyl - the debut album from Lynyrd Skynyrd. I’ve never heard this before today, although I am familiar with Freebird. Prior to this I only had their album, Second Helping. What a cracking album this is.

20 Likes

No mistakes this time, Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

13 Likes

ab67616d00001e023466e8fe682fdf0c04f7e85d

Fink - Beauty In Your Wake.

Just plopped through the letterbox, now ripped and streaming.

Another fine album of hypnotic goodness from Messrs. Greenall, Whittaker and Thornton.

Every bit as good as anticipated, the songs just never fail to please. :musical_note: :+1::notes:

10 Likes

50 years late is better than never. Lol. Great album.

2 Likes

Ese and The Vooduu People
Is This Jazz ?
Quadrafon
July 5 2024

Second play through on my mobile (LP and CD to follow in a while) and all I can say is it’s GORGEOUS. Ese’s voice, the new arrangements, the two covers (Summertime and On Broadway), the playing and production… just consummate.

11 Likes

Thanks @AndyP - that’s a great suggestion

3 Likes

CDs 1 and 2 of this Mosaic box set.

7 Likes

Genesis - Trespass - CD (1970)

20 Likes

Taj Mahal – Taj Mahal
CD rip | 1968

16 Likes

Now Playing…

Fink - Beauty In Your Wake

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Friday morning with Fink’s latest release, July 5th, and he is sounding mighty fine on the opening track… and looking forward to the rest of the album!

9 Likes

Finishing today’s session with Heart and Private Audition which is a hugely underrated album IMO.

Get well soon Annie❤️

5 Likes

Mozart. Sir Thomas Beecham. 1960 I think. Really thick and heavy weight vinyl. Nice.

11 Likes

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings – All The Good Times (Are Past & Gone)
CD rip | 2020

12 Likes