What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

9 minutes to go for Clementine.

I’ll try Alela Diane now.

1 Like

Happy Independence Day and a great album. :+1:

1 Like

Never listened to anything of Fink before thought I’d give this a go, so far still unsure.

9 Likes

Good morning all, just for you. :grin:

Ry Cooder Election Special

19 Likes

Close to my favourite PF album, Meddle

29 Likes

The Divine Comedy - Office Politics - CD (2019)

Start the day with this

8 Likes

Apocalyptica - Plays Metallica Vol. 2 (2024)

Nearly thirty years from their debut album, Plays Metallica, the Finns pick up where they left off with another collection of cello-driven covers. The cuts chosen are pretty good although “St. Anger” is an eyebrow-raising choice and the vinyl edition didn’t really need a second, albeit instrumental version of “One” but I guess they needed something ti fill up space on Side D. A number of guest musicians appear, including Trujillo and Hetfield from Metallica and most surprising, legendary drummer Dave Lombardo of *Slayer fame appears behind the kit *on “Blackened” which was a delight. Overall an enjoyable, frenetic album that gives Apocalyptica fans of old something to dig into.

Also, aside from the loudness knob being being juiced a tad too much this is a spectacular recording, with the pressing here gigantic, three-dimensional and resplendent with detail and edge-of-seat dynamics. Can see this going in the demo pile for sure.

7 Likes

No reason :neutral_face:

14 Likes

Yellowjackets Politics / 1998 MCA / US CD / MCAD6236

Politics was the sixth studio album by the YJ’s and was awarded Best Jazz Fusion Performance at the 1989 Grammy Awards.

4 Likes

Blowing off the cobwebs …Rocking out before leaving for work…soon be the weekend again
Saxon - Wheels Of Steel

12 Likes

Ese & The Vooduu People - Is This Jazz?

@TheKevster - thank you to Ese, the band and your goodself - quite wonderful - in glorious Hi Res.

Great songwriting and inspired covers - even better as I just love On Broadway.

A hint for a future cover, if I may, a so-called deep cut David Bowie’s - Win.

11 Likes

Ah, that’s a cracker Andy. Cheers.

2 Likes

Amyl & The Sniffers - self titled. Band name and cover art says it all really. Best played loud.

5 Likes

Starting the day in this “brave new world” with Rush - Hold Your Fire. Read into that what you will…:wink:

7 Likes

Seems like the LP12 is going to get to flex its muscles today.
Genesis - Duke

I just don’t play this album, or Genesis in general, anywhere near enough.

16 Likes

Been far too long since this had a spin.

Seemed appropriate for lunchtime listening :notes:

13 Likes

What a hot mess Jim Gordon was. Sad story.

2 Likes

Yes, hopefully we are a little better now at diagnosing, treating and responding to mental illness. But perhaps not.

Wallace Roney / 2004 High Note / US CD / HCD7116

Wallace Roney Trumpet
Antoine Roney Saxophones
Clifton Anderson Trombone
Adam Holzman Piano, Keyboards
Don Byron Bass Clarinet
Matthew Garrison Bass
Eric Allen Drums

5 Likes

My all time favourite “Lizzy” album, is first up after lunch.

Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox

14 Likes