What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

This morning’s listening has been warming up the amps for this…

1 Like

I get you. Looking forward to the follow up , “Is This Soul?”. You’re welcome!:wink:

1 Like

7 Likes

SWMBO returns. Sanity restored.

Moving onto this crystal clear, beautifully mastered recording.

Not sure why Tidal shows 2005, this was early 90s!

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Wall

I’ve played this a few times recentl since getting the 2011 remaster on CD as part of the Discovery box set. This has all been ripped to the Core, which is now streamed. I am finding what is side 4 to be far better than I’d thought before. For instance, I’m now really enjoying the cabaret style sound of The Trial.

28 Likes

No idea what the issue is with side 4, for me it has been a brilliant album from start to finish since its launch. I never tire of listening to it.

6 Likes

In fact the next album [a live LP containing mostly new material] is called JAZZ IS WHAT WE SAY IT IS! - followed by the new studio album GLOWING in early '25 and another studio album (with the working title CONJURING VOODUU) in late '25 or early '26… :shushing_face:

8 Likes

Second hand copy, unfortunately some scratches … but what a great album by the Cure!

17 Likes

That difficult second album. Looking forward to the new album and material. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Revisiting albums from our youth, hearing them get the naim treatment for the first time.

Simply stunning…

4 Likes

13 Likes

On headphones via new (to me) Headline off ND5 XS2 on Mrs Q’s system.

6 Likes

The level of playing, singing and writing from ES on this album is remarkable for one (then) so young. One of her very best albums…

11 Likes

Steve McQueen, Acoustic

Still on headphones whilst Mrs Q watches Wimbledon

12 Likes

Sounding fabulous on Vinyl and even more so as havent played it for years
Yes - Close To The Edge

27 Likes

1973 - Yes // Tales From Topographic Oceans

23 Likes

Just under 3 hours to go, they can’t play any worse today surly…

and we’re still waiting 28 years later :grin: ‘Three Lions’ by comedians Baddiel and Skinner and The Lightning Seeds was at No.1 on the UK singles chart, (the official song of The England Football team).

2 Likes

Live Yes recorded in 1977 and 1978
Yes - Yesshows

15 Likes

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound - CD (1973)

26 Likes