What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Definitely one of my favourite albums, The Cruel Sea The Honeymoon is Over

5 Likes

Little Feat Sam’s Place

10 Likes

It’s awhile since I played anything by Gillian so thought I should change that.

7 Likes

Nanci Griffith - The Last Of The True Believers - CD (1986)

In Memory of Nanci Griffith who would have been 71 today 016/07/53

Nanci Griffith, US singer, songwriter. In 1994 she won a Grammy Award for the album Other Voices, Other Rooms. She died on 13 August 2021 at the age of 68.

12 Likes

Steppenwolf - Monster

For me this is the Wolf’s best album.

From 1969, great production from Gabriel Mekler. Nice in Hi Res.

IMG_9176

5 Likes

From my days of analysing ever detail on a record cover - who was the producer, engineer where was the album recorded etc. A journey well travelled.

As above I thought I’d check out the Steppenwolf producer Gabriel Mekler - interesting guy.

He produced this epic recording.

Etta James - Come A Little Closer

On guitars Danny Kootch, Lowell George and Wah Wah Watson

8 Likes

Pink Floyd

The Early Years 1972 OBFUSC/ATION

Edward

14 Likes

BBC Sounds - This Cultural Life- interview with the artist Peter Blake still working at 92. Sgt. Pepper’s album cover acknowledged as co-created with his then wife Jann Haworth and his student Ian Dury get a mention. Blake encouraged his music.

7 Likes

4 Likes

SWMBO at breakfast with the ladies.

Time for some noise!

The 2024 follow up is equally as delicious, but I dare not post due to the profanity in the title :laughing:

2 Likes

11 Likes

22 Likes

This one has hardcore influences, but is far more melodic.

A very consistent album, strong tunes start to finish.

1 Like

A nice charity shop buy earlier this morning
Always like a bit of Eddy Grant …Living On The Frontline is brilliant
Eddy Grants - Greatest Hits

7 Likes

Ese!

13 Likes

The “new” studio album is taking an age and probably won’t be out until next year @Tony - so we did this after a number of fans expressed a desire to hear something new…

Also, like Duke Ellington or Thelonious Monk, Ese likes to rework her material in different ways! :wink:

8 Likes

7 Likes

What an album that is. I believe Etta was in rehab at the time and the record certainly reflects what she must have been going through.

3 Likes

Lisa LeBlanc is a musician who is known for incorporating humor into her music, playing around a bit and having fun. Though I cannot understand the lyrics in this new album (all sung in Chiac French), it’s evident that there is fun to be had. And I want in.

Chiac Disco is as the name says, part disco, part psychedelia, part 1960s, with a whole lot of energy interjected.

Nice ‘n’ noisy on double CD. Miles and his band play in front of a nonplussed rock audience at the Fillmore half a century ago. Nice way to blow away the cobwebs!

9 Likes