What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Might need to give that another spin, great classic rock.

We are both chillaxing to some Muddy Waters in the garden :grinning: :joy_cat:

13 Likes

12 Likes

Try these if you haven’t tried Fink before.

13 Likes

Quite simply, one of the finest live albums ever made:

15 Likes

One day I want the whole concert. I love Cale’s intro to Heartbreak Hotel “This song was written…” and Ayers “I sound like Nicooooo”

10 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Wednesday Morning, 3am, their folky debut.

15 Likes

Gomez - Liquid Skin - CD (1999)

12 Likes

Janet Baker/ LSO/Barbirolli - Elgar Sea Pictures - ‘80s vinyl
Du Pré/LSO/Barbirolli - Elgar Cello Concerto

Played for the Sea Pictures after a prompt from yesterday’s Private Passions on Radio 4, Janet Baker in fantastic voice in Elgars’s beautiful sea songs. But with the album out how could I not also play Jackie du Pré’s cello concerto on the other side? The LSO are on stunning form giving lovely accompaniment to the masterful cello playing. The almost transcendental Adagio is so compelling that I can hardly breathe, one of the great concerti in a performance of true genius.

12 Likes

He 's been around for decades and sits at the top table of UK Folk muscians with Richard Thompson and The Watersons
Martin Carthy - Out Of The Cut

8 Likes

An absolute beauty Steve :two_hearts:
How old is it and whats its name :smile_cat: ?

2 Likes

Murray Perahia & Concertgebouw under Haitink - Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 4 - original vinyl
A beautiful concerto, a huge structure with long periods of sublime beauty, a controlled and compelling performance by Perahia with great backing from the orchestra.

7 Likes

The Eno/Ayers live album prompted me to dig this out. Wyatt truly is a national treasure, so much wonderful music over the years. This live album is all killer and no filler. The guest list is sensational. Excellent SQ. Unit Core.

9 Likes

Bella, 9 next birthday :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Martin Carthy and Dave Swarbrick - Prince Heathen - 1980s vinyl
Thanks to @Tabbycat for reminding me it’s been too long since I listened to Martin Carthy. Here in partnership with his great mate Dave Swarbrick, two of the giants of the ‘60s folk revival. A traditional album, great fingerpicking guitar from Carthy and masterful violin from Swarb. The rhythmic drive of the guitar and the brilliance of the violin make this much more lively than the stereotypical trad folk album of the time.
Swarb was a busy boy this year, as well as this he played on 2 Fairport albums that brought us the genre of folk rock.

8 Likes

Sarah McKenzie, we could be lovers. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a pity they didn’t actually name the album “More songs about chocolate and girls” as planned rather than going with Hypnotised. ( a dig at their stablemates Talking Heads second album)

Either way a great album

.sjb

5 Likes

She’s still outdoors in the rain.
Listening to some Satoshii …

3 Likes

Sarah Black, what the sea wants, the sea will have. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Ian Dury and the blockheads, best of.

I was amused as the election results came in from (Basildon and ) Billericay as being from Ireland I’d only ever preciously heard of Billericay Dickie.

.sjb

15 Likes