What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Some beautiful vocals

2 Likes

16 Likes

Last one tonight. It’s on Mute but it’s a Sherwood production. Vinyl.

4 Likes

James Taylor, sweet baby James. :smiling_face:

21 Likes

He was huge here as well, odd how he turned out to be really only recognised in southern hemisphere. Sadly he passed away recently, it’s a great album.

7 Likes

9 Likes

One more for the road:

Iamthemorning - Lighthouse

‘Progressive chamber music’ I’ve heard it being called. Still, absolutely lovely pair of musicians. If you look closely on the Fraim, you can see an origami swan made by Maria as well!

7 Likes
8 Likes

No problem - some great music on that double album from the 70s, which is also included in this 3CD set together with other sessions such as ‘Asante’.

10 Likes

Awesome live. Wimbish LeBlanc and McDonald ‘The Maffia’ always played at no.12 :+1:

2 Likes

Manes - Vilosophe (2010 re-issue, limited edition)

If there’s one thing I love above all else it’s experimental black metal and Vilosophe is one the best examples in the genre. Like fellow avant-garde Norwegian weirdos Solefald, Manes started off with a typical black metal sound only to refine and evolve it into an approach that mixes electro and pop-rock while still including explosive, crushing eruptions. This means you get the heady contrast of soaring, clean vocals that border on sing-along with black metal-meets-industrial riff breakdowns that elicit a feverish head banging response from the listener. The song writing here is clipped and tight, free of fat or self-indulgence provided the gonzo music on display doesn’t throw you off too much.

Pressing sound-quality is also rather good, offering a much bigger, detailed sound over the CD. Oddly the vocals and overall mid range is softer and a little reticent by comparison to the digital version but percussion and bass is fuller and snappier. Overall and improvement on balance and s great listen.

2 Likes

9 Likes

The latest Bones Owens offering.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Friday morning and nearly the weekend again what better than a Stones compilation album before leaving for work

9 Likes

Donald Fagen Kamakiriad / 1993 Reprise / Gold Promo US CD / 945230DJ

You can scan yourself
For traces of old heartaches

17 Likes

I’m listening to the Dover Quartet’s recording of the complete Beethoven Complete Quartets. The cycle has been highly praised and is about to be released as three box sets or a complete box set. Having investigated on the river, the MP3 of the complete set is a steal! It is ‘only’ MP3 but that will do me. If interested you may wish to investigate.

1 Like

This is Don’s second studio album released in 1971. Containing the singles American Pie & Vincent.

17 Likes

Starting with some great Jazz this morning

22 Likes

Reminded by the post from @AndyP, spinning disk 2 ‘Cosmos’ from this CD set. A good primer before setting off for Swanage Jazz Festival this afternoon.

10 Likes