What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Everything But The Girl Temperamental / 1999 Virgin / EU Promo CD / CDVDJ2892

14 Likes

Sally Yeh - 13 Favourite Songs - Warner Hong Kong CD

2 Likes

Sara Isaksson & Rebecca Tornqvist - 2006 - Fire in the Hole - CD.

Sara & Rebecca sing Steely Dan. This is a wonderful album by two of Sweden’s finest singer songwriters. However the tracks on this CD are all songs recorded by Steely Dan and interpreted and inspired by this incredible due. The song Fire in the Hole was also featured in an episode of True Blood.

I can recommend this album to any Steely Dan fans on here however, it could be difficult to find on CD.

6 Likes

Giving Joanne Shaw Taylor’s latest release another play. Need to get the vinyl ordered🙄

7 Likes

Wilko Johnson / Roger Daltrey - Going Back Home - CD (2014)

In Memory Of Wilko Johnson, who would have been 77 today 12/07/47

English singer, guitarist, songwriter Wilko Johnson who with Dr Feelgood had the 1979 UK No.9 single ‘Milk And Alcohol’ and a founding member of Solid Senders. Wilko stated in early 2013 that he had terminal cancer and was given just 10 months to live, and aptly announced he was going on a farewell tour. On 22 March 2013, Wilko played what he thought would be his final show guesting with Madness on the television programme Madness Live: Goodbye Television Centre which was broadcast on BBC Four. In Oct 2014 Johnson said he has been “cured” of the terminal pancreatic cancer. Johnson died on 21 November 2022 at the age of 75.

18 Likes

Pretenders
Record

21 Likes

Grover Washington Jr. Reed Seed / 2009 Verve / US CD / M7910R1

8 Likes

Fink - Beauty In Your Wake

A bit late to the party… first listen to Finks new album and yeah, very good, enjoyed it!

14 Likes

Still sounding fresh and relevant.

G

14 Likes

John Lennon

Mind Games (The Ultimate Collection)

Now on the second disc, “The Elemental Mix”.

Not bad, I will have to have a second listen to decide it it is worth the £58 asking price.

Edward

12 Likes

Tom Tom Club
Record

11 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - CD (1977)

In Memory of Christine McVie who would have been 81 today

Christine McVie, keyboards, vocals, Chicken Shack, and then Fleetwood Mac, who scored the US No.1 single ‘Dreams’ taken from their worldwide No.1 album Rumours which spent 31 weeks on the US chart. Eight of her songs appeared on Fleetwood Mac’s 1988 Greatest Hits album. McVie died at 79, following a brief illness, on November 30, 2022.

36 Likes

Nils Frahm - Felt

An early one to me. And a good one.

7 Likes

X’s - Cigarettes After Sex

Chores done, tune time for the afternoon.

7 Likes

Grant Green + Sonny Clark The Complete Quartets
1997 Blue Note / US CD x 2 / CDP724385719424

Grant Green Guitar
Sonny Clark Piano
Sam Jones Bass
Art Blakey, Louis Hayes Drums

15 Likes

Nostalgia time.

G

23 Likes

Stanley Turrentine: Sugar

Seldom does a group of musicians click on all levels and rise into the stratosphere, but this is one such record, a relic from a time when jazz was going through growing pains but still spawning some interesting projects.Turrentine was one of the lucky few who made his crowning achievement during this time.

13 Likes

Trying this Australian Prog Metal outfit, Teramaze, recommended by @SimonDC

Only a few minutes in and already very much enjoying this.

5 Likes

Vide Noir,Lord Huron,saw them in Wolverhampton a couple of nights ago,superb gig,bought this while I was there.

6 Likes

That’s a great album and cover, thanks for reminding me, I’m going to dig my copy out and give it a spin :+1:

1 Like