What are you looking to buy in 2023?

Mrs Pete was standing behind me, I did have my fingers crossed

6 Likes

Well, I’ve gone from having just a single bike all my life until 4 years ago when I discovered the joys of off-road with a cheap old hardtail MTB bought at auction, to now having three bikes having early this year bought a very nice (and rather expensive) eMTB, and modding with narrower bars, mudguards and rack, so will do for both offroad and touring. My previous basic hardtail MTB still works if I need a backup offroad, while my road bike, which was written off by a driver who couldn’t see a fluorescent yellow clad rider in broad daylight, was repaired a year ago and still does me for local runabout.

1 Like

Unless I can convince myself otherwise this year, a pair of Franco Serblin Accordo speakers.

1 Like

A Core to store my 2000 cds. But still keeping my cds and CD player.

4 Likes

Probably a Core, or HiCap for the SN3. Best though to take the plunge on the NDX2 before another price hike which will make it even more out of reach and somewhat difficult to justify considering the rule in the house is, buy whatever you want, she get’s the equivalent cash to spend on herself.

2 Likes

That’s significant mileage!

1 Like

My wife thinks thinks ndx2 is fantastic streamer for only £500. Only joking :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

I know it’s about bikes but the sentiment is the same :grinning:

12 Likes

What I would like to buy is an NDX2. Its not likely, as they are too expensive for me, even pre-loved. But I will keep my eyes open.

Maybe if/when Naim release their new generation streamers (which have been repeatedly rumored - and any posts quickly nixed), then - maybe - more NDX2s’s will become available…? But don’t tell anyone… :crazy_face:

1 Like

555PSDR again. This time for my NDX2.

3 Likes

Luckily Mrs Pete never asks.

3 Likes

Replacement to the 272 maybe !!!

4 Likes

I am tempted. Trying to justify whether the expense over my XPSDR is worthwhile. I’ve seen it said the XPSDR gets you 70% of the 555.
Nearly pulled the trigger on a year old model at a very good price.

2 Likes

Well I was going to try and get some new speakers. But taking a step back I really need to reduce the box count so am hoping a new streamer/pre will help and connect it to some ATC SCM40a’s.

Tim

bookshielf speakers or sonus faber sonetto 2 or elac vela bs 403 must be in piano black

4 Likes

Ever since my system woes during the pandemic I’ve been looking at simplifying my system without a down grade in sound quality which has not been easy.
Having heard a pair of the active ATC 50’s I might for the first time in my 40+ years of hifi hobbying be looking at building a system around the speakers. They were to my ears that good.
I have listened to them with a 252/300DR (which I use) and also the new Linn Klimax. Both sounded good but the Linn was way more open and detailed. The lower mids on the 252/300 were somewhat veiled in comparison. However, neither were quite right. So the next round of auditions is some preamps, including ATC’s own SCA2.
Exciting times.

Edit:
Auditioned with a 252 not 252/300.

3 Likes

Surely just the 252 with active SCM50, or was that the passive version?

You are correct. Just the 252 from the 252/300 combo I use currently. Confused myself doing an edit I think.

Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 interconnects but my wallet says no at the moment. We’ll see next year…

A few people are mentioning a new house. After two years of searching and 3 failed purchases we SHOULD be completing on house number 4… hopefully it won’t carry on 'till next year but you never know.

However, sticking more to theme, some active ATC speakers is on the list for '23.

3 Likes