What are you looking to buy in 2023?

Sonus Faber are beautiful those era of serblin produced 90s now their value is not worth the market price and you should know. In 2023 rather than spending money on the plant I would take a ducati panigale 1290 to go on the track.

Pity they need to be white my dealer has an ex demo pair in black for £6,299, good price.

Black is the new white…
Both have an absence of colour, just one reflects all light tge other absorbs it. Noght and day you could say, in common hifi parlance!

I guess with a full length grill they sort of look black anyhow?:thinking:

The 552 is the significant upgrade, it works with anything. But to add a 500 is to fully appreciate what is possible. Fascinating, remarkable, and huge fun.

3 Likes

I tested Cremona auditor M with my nait5i. They are great matched and you can still improve with higher amp (Supernait)

2 Likes

I’m holding out until Naim produce a successor to the NAC-N 272 then I’ll buy that and a NAP250. These will replace my aging Superuniti.

5 Likes

Not sure if this counts as a 2023 purchase….deposit paid last week on a NAP 500DR. Delivery anticipated in January. I’m hoping that’s me done then,

4 Likes

Me too, but probably not all!

As 2022 included a 552 (ex demo from Cymbiosis) and Klimax Radikal 2 for my LP12, it will be much more quiet. Im
I hope not to like those 606s I have on loan over Christmas :tired_face: :rofl:
23 will be a year of dressing, cables and a second Fraim…

Hopefully no gear just music :relaxed:.
Enjoyed building a modest system in 2022 so feet up, tune in and forget about wondering what if…….

6 Likes

You have an excellent “modest” system

1 Like

Maybe a dCS vivaldi clock if i am very lucky, but my work will need to cary on being strong for this to happen and anything could happen next year looking at it all.
But very happy with what i have so if it doesn’t happen not really a problem.
But lets hope folk can pay the bills and have a bit left to enjoy life how ever they feel fit

1 Like

One thing I’d like to do is explore what a second 555ps will do, the only time I heard two was last thing at a demo event comparing an ND555 to an NDS so the system wasn’t setup to optimise two ps on the 555 and my preference was for just one on that occasion. Where I can do this in France is going to be limited, if I’m lucky the Focal powered by Naim venue in Perpignan will be up for it, otherwise it’s a trip to Paris.

I have a Korf arm on order, purely from curiosity. I’ll have to decide within 60 days from delivery whether to keep, which might mean selling the Aro, or might not.

1 Like

IIRC
tapes only sounded their best on Nakamichi when they were recorded on other Nakamichi decks. Something to do with the head angle (?) . I’m not really sure, after all this time, but you might want to ask others. My choice of decks was always tandberg, so it wasn’t a problem.

1 Like

As little as possible, preferably nothing!
I’m more likely to do something more instructive like DIY electronics at least i learn something useful along the way.

1 Like

Can you tell me where you can listen to an Nd555 with 2 ps in Paris? I would be glad to know.

Absolutely no idea, I haven’t investigated yet but where else in France is likely?

Next year is service year and is already booked in for January. My 300 and Supercap will get their first service (new in 2004). My 252 has been serviced but needs a tweak to get system automation to work properly so it’s joining them.

1 Like

What kind of “tweak”?