What are you looking to buy in 2023?

I believe the original 252 was not fully updated during its service. The result is that volume cannot be controlled through the App when streaming. Naim agreed to do this foc as it was their omission which is very fair I thought.

Lens replacement surgery - fed up with extreme shortsightedness. Cannot wear contact lens

My dealer has now a full 500 series system, but one ps on the Nd555.

One’s enough if I bring mine along too but I would need nearby parking as I wouldn’t take it on the train or RER. Not really thinking about pursuing it until the work on the house is finished anyway, there’s the bathroom and insulation to sort out yet, which will likely take it to later in the year.
I’ve yet to pay a visit to the dealer in Perpignan too, which is an hour down the A9 he’s set up one of the Focal powered by Naim stores. The drawback might be having yo use Focal speakers, I’ve yet to hear them sounding any good on a Naim system, including in Naim’s demo room at the factory but that was a few years back now and I’m prepared to be surprised.

1 Like

A couple powerlines is hopefully the extent of the list for 2023…

2 Likes

They are worth it IMHO but try to find them 2nd hand.

1 Like

Hopefully nothing. My Krystal will be a year old in March so may get that checked then since I spin several albums a day… fingers crossed it will get me to 2024

Chord PowerHAUS if they become available in North America.

1 Like

I revise my previous post in this thread to nothing in 2023. I’ve just done it for £3050. :grin:

7 Likes

Ideally you’d want to borrow one for at least a week and listen within your own system. It’s not an A/B type demo situation.

Play lots of deeply familiar material over a more extended period and you’ll get what it does.

Maybe.

G

my question was more related to the fact that i don’t think such dealer with an Nd555 and two 555 dr exists in Paris. Not really that i want personnaly to compare.
However i would not bother to take the risk to buy a second hand Nd555 with a 555 dr, if i find a good bargain. I know and believe a second ps will uplift nicely the sound quality. And it’s not possible here to borrow one…

I’ve no wishes for new gear in 2023. Maybe another pair of headphones but I’m happy with what I have.

The SuperNait 1 is boxed up for a service so that it can serve us in the being build garden house.

OK. For what it’s worth I took the risk with and older cheaper but still DR 555PS as my second, unheard.

Absolutely no regrets.

G

5 Likes

And I’ve yet to be convinced, it killed off the emotion when I heard it.

1 Like

That’s a great price, let us know how it sounds!

I miss something. You said above that you want to hear a second ps vs one. And now it killed your emotion when you heard it. Language subtlety ?

No plans for 2023, but the unexpected run-out for 2022 is looking a bit scary.

2 Likes

I should probably spend money on the flat and try to get some sound insulation . But I am really tempted by a Supernait 3 . I am demoing it and a Rega Aethos next Friday . I was tempted by the 202 and matching power amp but I had a listen to the supernait last years with my speakers and really sang

1 Like

Nothing major, gaia feet

1 Like

I would like Naim to bring out the Nait 06 shoebox FM/Internet tuner. Dream on!

6 Likes