What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Good date though! I think I have a couple of Christmas Puds at the back of a cupboard - no one likes them but me and I can’t handle the carbs these days.

1 Like

Thanks Ian, and yes, there’s more…
But I did wordle in three today! Life goes on.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shrimp Scampi Linguini.

12 Likes

One minute later:

Mashed potatoes, mashed peas and gravy.

Luv it!

3 Likes

Where was the battered fish to go with it?

1 Like

We had crispy schnitzel, but that was for the children only. Fish would be great too, beer battered preferred :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hassleback roast potato in a spicy salt.
Mushrooms in a truffle butter.
Greens cooked green.
En Papiillote Mackerel with ginger, garlic and tangerine.
Bringing cheer on a wet, windy uk Wednesday.

6 Likes

This is a Rick Stein thing. Sea bass roasted on a bed of potatoes, tomatoes and peppers, with garlic, fresh oregano from the garden and anchovies. We normally use bottled anchovies from Waitrose, but this time I’ve got the dog’s bollocks of anchovies, which we bought in Collioure. The veg cook for about 30 mins in the oven, then the fish is roasted on top. I do love this; it’s what I cooked when Max and S visited us many years ago. On that occasion we had a lovely Barolo with it, tonight we are slumming it with a 2019 Gaillac.

3 Likes

Locally sourced pork belly cooked in soy sauce and honey with the last of this year’s green beans:

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smiling_face:

13 Likes

Skip the burger bit and focus on the bacon and onion jam. Seriously, a great condiment to keep in the fridge.

1 Like

Didn’t prepare it but enjoyed eating it.

7 Likes

That looks great. :+1:

Lasagne.

It was eaten surprisingly quickly (not by me alone, mind you).

10 Likes

Perhaps the last day with summer-like temperatures in the beginning of autumn. Grilled flank steak (US-Beef). Very delicious…

13 Likes

Nice cart for the egg. Where sourced?

It is the Monolith Buggy. It is available for the different sizes of the Monolith.

1 Like

Spaghetti with loads of garlic, parsley and chilli, and the tomatoes that are slightly overipe.

10 Likes

Duck confit and potatoes

13 Likes

Super looking roasties!

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Yet to do the supply run for the week so a ‘what’s in the fridge?’ Up-slap

15 Likes