What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

The marinade is composed of paprika, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, garlic, black pepper and salt. The colours that stand out the most are perhaps from the paprika and cinnamon (reddish tones) but the grilling technique is also responsible: high heat without excessive burning/charring of the meat (I like to singe the fat for extra flavour).

Wishing you a lovely start to the week :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Prawn tagliatelle with baby courgettes and tomatoes from the garden.

10 Likes

Another attempt at the syrian chicken dish, getting there with the adaptation of the recipe for two peeps.

6 Likes

My first crack at homemade chicken karaage with pickled cucumber/carrots

10 Likes

I won’t be preparing dinner tonight or any other night as I have maids to do that kind of thing.

4 Likes

Well I guess you’ll never really know what’s on your plate or the satisfaction of cooking something special. :smirk:

3 Likes

Griddled tuna steaks with a salsa made from avocado, mango, prawns, spring onions, chilli, garlic, coriander and lime juice

8 Likes

Just back from a great break with very good food……we are not skilled enough or have all the ingredients to hand.
But last year….a different hotel, they really made a big fuss of the chef cooking the steak over an open fire in front of us. Worst steak i have had in decades……home or restaurant.

2 Likes

Ohhhh Yes!

1 Like

Bangers and mash, with onion gravy :yum:

20 Likes

Looks banging

3 Likes

Melitsana sagnaki-
Eggplant stuffed with minced meat, baked in the oven, covered with red sauce and covered with melted feta cheese

8 Likes

Shish kebab:

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smiling_face:

10 Likes

With some Colman’s Mustard ?

And perhaps some nice cider ?

Funnily enough, I’m having a pork chop, my own potatoes and beans with a nice glass of you’ve guessed it Dunkertons Cider

2 Likes

Sorted. Look what I just found in the back of the nuclear disaster/covid/famine and flood store cupboard.

Alcohol free so it must have been a gift from a well wisher.

9 Likes

Soak it in brandy overnight and have it tomorrow. :yum::woozy_face:

5 Likes

Alcohol free… what’s the point

2 Likes

That’s why it was at the back of the cupboard

3 Likes

Bad migraine with nausea for me today, so this:

for me tonight.

:smile:

So sorry , you’ve been through the mill (and some)

I hope things improve

My very best wishes

Ian

1 Like