What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

It’s a great bit of beef, and it probably depends on the thickness and how rare you like it.

I generally don’t sear in a pan, maybe I should, but 25-30 minutes in the pre-heated oven at the recommended temperature as an absolute maximum time wise for something 1.5” thick generally works for me. I’d rather undercook and pop it back than have it too well done.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s a lot of cream. But I’ll give it a try.

Don’t guess it. Get a decent digital probe to check your internal temperatures.
Don’t over season with pepper before cooking as it can burn easily.
Use lots of butter in a flat bottomed heavy pan at a temperature that is medium giving just a little sizzle.
Don’t move the beef. Leave it alone to get a char.
Leave in the oven for 2 minutes, check the temperature, baste with juices then put back in. Repeat every minute or so until you hit your desired temperature.
Good luck

4 Likes

Oh yes!

For tonight’s dinner.

Cook< 5 mins
Wash up<5 mins.

Time taken to go up and down stairs to change jumper as I had a yolkie dribble > 10 mins.

13 Likes

Emergency chilli. Friends coming for dinner, ingredients bought, wine chosen. Then wife in bed today with a virus so dinner cancelled. Knocked this up and drinking a CDP with it

10 Likes

Roast spring chicken. Cabbage savoy ( I love my cabbage this time of the year) roast sweet potatoes.

5 Likes

Teriyaki chicken n veg with udon noodles

5 Likes

Korean chicken to star

It was sooooo goood

And it was

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

A simple roast pork Sunday lunch…

8 Likes

Bacon ribs with mash n savoy cabbage

3 Likes

Sezchuan squid and

vegetables with rice vermicelli i

7 Likes

Last nights curry. No particular type just what I had lying around

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

Meat and two veg with lashings of gravy.

9 Likes

So glad you posted a photo for disambiguation. :wink:

Hope Mrs Crispy Duck :duck: is now recovered from the virus :microbe:

Thanks for asking. Only just recovering after a week - filthy virus. Either flu or (more likely) another dose of COVID despite us both having it in October and a further vaccine. Unfortunately the JN1 variant now doing the rounds.

Fortunately I seem to have avoided it this time :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

Wife showed me an article yesterday that Pharmacists will shortly be able to give Covid jabs at £45……expensive, but better than getting it?

1 Like

Anything that reduces the chance of getting it or the severity if you do get it is a good thing in my book

1 Like

Covid shot will not prevent from getting a virus. It only alleviates the symptoms in the event you do get one.

So many of my friends contracted the COVID in spite they all got the multiple vaccines for it.

3 Likes