What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Yes happy birthday to Mrs Mike - B

1 Like

:tada: :tada: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Happy birthday to mrs mike…! :grinning:

Looks like the chef has done a good job :beers:

Here is the cooking stage of a simple Vietnamese chicken noodles (phở gà) recipe. Massage a whole chicken for a few minutes and then gently simmer with onions, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, bay leaves and salt. Remove chicken from the broth and rinse under cold water to tighten up the skin and leave to stand for a while to allow the meat to tenderise. After the chicken has cooled, remove the meat and return the bones back to the broth and season with fish sauce.

9 Likes

Looks yummy… :grinning:

Is the skin used ?

The majority of skin is used and the parts from the lower wings are considered to be the most delicious.

Vietnamese chicken noodles (phở gà) served with shredded chicken including skin. Garnished with coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.

9 Likes

Another pork chop roasted in my breakfast table toast rack jobby.
Turned out superb, with juicy porkness and light crunchy sweet crackling.
With lashings of proper gravy, cavolo nero, leaks and beloved broccoli.

12 Likes

Yes. It was a monster chop. I could only finish half.

it’s sill half the size of a typical american beefsteak.

2 Likes

Minh, my taste buds are seriously squirting! Looks lovely.

1 Like

Arroz con Pollo
A dish where the Calasparra rice is celebrated.

12 Likes

I love anything with rice. That looks wonderful, I’ll bring a bottle.

You would always be welcome Pete. Perhaps a Langmeil Shiraz? All the best.

Case just arrived today :grin:

1 Like

Cod and chips.

The locally grown asparagus was definitely the star of the show.

12 Likes

Your beef short rib one looked much more yummy.

A chicken only requires a few months to reach maturity whereas a cow requires a couple of years. Chicken noodles (phở gà) could be considered a mere substitute for the intricate complexity of beef noodles (phở bo). From my experience, the ultimate phở bo is served with fillet steak which is served practically raw with finely sliced ginger: it is so tender it melts in the mouth. I’ll post a photo of this variation when I am able to source the appropriate ingredients.

6 Likes

Looks lovely.

When I look at many dishes here, it dawns on me that my portions may be quite excessive!

2 Likes

Rustic chicken with potatoes and mushrooms, prefect for a wet and cold evening.

5 Likes