What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

Sod veganuary. Staffordshire oatcakes with eggs, bacon, Lea & Perrins and homemade ketchup - the food of the gods! I was born in Crewe and eating this I was transported back to my grandparents house having breakfast with them

12 Likes

Not sure your meant to eat it with a knife and fork :grinning:

1 Like

Lamb has been getting a lot of love recently.

Lamb liver. Crispy flash pan fried with roast potatoes and onion cabbage gravy sauce. And crispy steaky smoked bacon.

6 Likes

Spaghetti Carbonara washed down with a bottle of Argentian Malbec wine.

2 Likes

Cold night here in North Florida … the slow cooker is full of chili … 3.5 hours until dinner and the smell is totally distracting.

3 Likes

Food for a Szechuan night. Prepared by myself and my lovely wife.

Cheers

13 Likes

I am from Staffordshire …born in Walton on the the Hill …St Leonards CP School… King Edward VI School Stafford… Birmingham University I had never heard of Staffordsire Oatcakes until my wife purchased a pack from supermarket as a treat for me We did not care for them nor did our cat .

hi

1 Like

C7695BC5-0C1E-4D49-BA77-A902A1F073B1-770-000000C5C83AA790

Sweet and sour cucumber with hot red Szechuan peppercorn sauce ?

10 Likes

Almost :blush: Smacked Cucumber in Garlicky Sauce. Very easy to make.
Cucumber
Salt
Sweet Aromatic Soy Sauce (I think you could replace it with Kecap Manis at a push)
Crushed Garlic
Chilli Oil (with sediment)
Sesame Oil
Very happy to share the full recipe if anyone would like it. It’s from the Fuschia Dunlop cookbook The Food Of Sichuan

Cheers

3 Likes

Yummee.

Cottage Pie (Garry Rhodes ) reciepe and then to follow Sponge pudding with Raspberry jam

12 Likes

Uuumm that looks good.

T-bone, charred lettuce corn and a pea purée with hot English mustard. A a nice glass of red.

13 Likes

Wonderful looking nursery/comfort food !

After yesterday’s Leeds United result, it’ll be humble pie this evening, Chez Dave. :roll_eyes:

apart from the red wine in the Pie!

1 Like

That’s the comfort !

You are almost smacking your cucumber ?

What would

Screenshot 2019-12-28 at 19.02.51

Say?

1 Like

Yes I had wondered whether the name of this dish was OK in the current environment :blush:

“Lightly Beaten” or Slightly Knocked About” didn’t seem appropriate either.

Cheers

Hold the sponge pudding … I’ll have seconds on the Cottage Pie

2 Likes