What are you preparing for dinner tonight?

I don’t know whats wrong with me but I’m having massive meat n two veg with lashings of gravy urges recently.
Pork chop that looked amazing at the butchers. Cooked and noshed down really lovely.
Along with mashed swede, sprouts and cabbage.
Swede is my favourite vegetable right now. I should look at what more interesting things I can do with it apart from mashing it.

7 Likes

Just devoured an absolutely delicious Onion Bhaji Stater with fresh side salad and Raita source; a main course of Chicken Madras with vegetable Pilau rice; and now in the process of washing it all down with a few cans of McEwans Export.
What could be better!

3 Likes

Cooked up a fresh lamb korma. Diced Welsh lamb, garlic, korma paste, shallots, onion, celeriac, ginger, red chilli, red pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, single cream. With wholemeal rice and naan bread, swilled down with Wadworth 6X !

3 Likes

As a starter there was a pumpkin soup with fried scallops and croutons. The main course consisted of a sous vide cooked fillet of beef on fennel with caramelized tomatoes.

9 Likes

Got to say very professional looking, well done. Keep the posts coming :blush:

Thank you very much. For my wife and me it is quite important, that it looks fine. But much more important is the good taste!

1 Like

Sounds like those kinds of urges ladies have when they’re in the family way … do you think you may be having sympathetic pangs for somebody in the neighborhood ?

Greek style BOQ lamb with rocket, red onion cherry tomatoes and feta with a drizzle of good balsamic. Of course with a nice glass of red.

5 Likes

Impeccable

Just right for a night like this!

Thanks!

Not dinner, just lunch on a nice warm afternoon. Cheese quesadillas, salsa and avocado. Obviously helped with a ice cold beer.

6 Likes

You don’t know how tempting that looks from cold, lockdowned UK

5 Likes

Yes I did think about that after posting.

G’day
That looks good…and drinking a beer called Corona !
Enjoy

1 Like

Inspired by @ANTZ the other evening I put together a Shepage/Cottherds pie … using half lamb half beef it’s neither one nor the other …

Here’s the fellow out of the oven with the potatoes crispy on top with just the merest hint of brown …

and this one is the end product with the sharpest white and red cheeses you can find, freshly cracked black pepper and another 30 minutes in the oven … that dark gravy is to die for … Worcestershire sauce being the magic ingredient …

6 Likes

Japanese Autumn Salad with Goma Dare Sauce, Braised Pork Belly and Rice.

Cheers

6 Likes

That looks absolutely lovely

Thank you. We love Japanese food.

Me too. My wife and I were lucky enough to go to Japan 2 years ago and I absolutely loved the food. I have been dabbling ever since. Can’t wait to return once this is all over

1 Like