What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

How is it going down warm ?

Surprisingly warm beer is soo refreshing on a hot day.

:innocent:

Yeah I wasn’t aware until I picked the glass up. It’s not bad but could be a little colder.

:rofl:

1 Like

I used to brew Arkells GWR special bitter……then they stopped making the kits🥺

1 Like

Notting Helles, at the Inn on the Beach on Hayling Island. It’s heaving on a weekend, but on a Tuesday evening it’s delightfully peaceful.

10 Likes

I lived in south Ken for a number of years , know all the pubs there

It’s a great area

I agree Mrs Pete and I really like Kensington.

Gee you’re up late. :flushed:

1 Like

Nah just woke up worrying about whether you had made it over :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Went to a “Project Dinner with the Customer” there about ten years ago.

‘Twas OK, but I was duty driver that evening.

1 Like

It’s not exactly a cosy local but it’s a great location and the staff are very friendly. It’s about eight miles from home, so a nice cycle ride there and back.

Enjoyed the Gornal Gold in the Bitter Suite, Lichfield, last night.

10 Likes

Rather lovely IPA by lake Como
Italian beer gets ever better

3 Likes

I’m not drinking this today, but I enjoyed a trip down memory lane reading this article:

However, I am drinking this … a 5.2% pilsner. It’s refreshing and reminds me of some of the Czech pilsner I’ve drunk in the past. Perhaps it’s the Saaz hops?

5 Likes

Love a good Pilsner, finding them is getting harder these days. Unfortunately most craft beers here just keeping pushing XPA’s to the point where they no longer taste like beer.

2 Likes

Yep Pilsner my favourite also :+1:

1 Like

hm, rather gorgeous stuff!

10 Likes

Thursday night selection in the Bitter Suite, Lichfield:

Hop Tropic good, Ridware Pale very good.

This is a waiter/waitress pub - no bar - and all beers are poured direct from the cask.

10 Likes

After a rather troublesome illness, I am finally looking forward to a Triple again. Here is a Westmalle Trappist Tripel. Wrong glass, I know.

16 Likes

St. Peter‘s Honey Porter. The label says ‚honey aroma & flavour with chocolate & vanilla‘.

Smells like Christmas biscuits and Royal Jelly soap. Tastes like dunking both in a dark beer. Need a couple of ‚Helle’ afterwards to wash it down.

6 Likes

Mulligans of Poolbeg Street last night.

Still one of the best pints in Dublin.

.sjb

8 Likes