What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Holiday beer :slightly_smiling_face: The best kind of beer…

10 Likes

Messorem microbrewery on the Lachine canal has some fine ales. The number 9 “On a juste une mort” in particular. Sorry about the photo but you can just about see the writing using zoom.

6 Likes

One half anyway…

10 Likes

Good selection at the Bitter Suite, Lichfield.

The XL Bitter has a faint woody note I didn’t like and the Hoard was a well made session beer with some character.

8 Likes

La Chouffe. Had not had this one in a few months.

11 Likes

Franziskaner on the left, from Munich that for me is the center of the world beerwise.

On the right Menabrea, which I consider(ed) the best Italian beer. The flavor has changed because they do not use the water from Biella any longer, they now are in Bolzano after a M&A. Still trying to understand if this was a win or a loss. It tastes more German, but I feel something is lost.

Surely I am just getting older and unable to accept change.

Fortunately the Hugo still sounds very good!

6 Likes

Another good selection at the Bitter Suite, Lichfield

7 Likes

Lived In Lichfield for a while, lovely pubs. Is the local Blythe bitter still there?
Have fond memories of various beer festivals in the city.
My local was the Queen’s head

I’ve never seen Blythe which is surprising since there are three pubs I visit that have a big turnover of mainly local real ale and the brewery is still active. The other two are Beerbohm’s and the Horse and Jockey.

I was in the Jockey recently, proper pub with a great atmosphere

Available at the Bitter Suite a few weeks ago but we didn’t try it.

2 Likes

Quite strong for a mild. Will call in when next up that way

Very friendly place. Near Lichfield City Station.

Granddad Brown at my local.

11 Likes

XL drinking well at the Bitter Suite last night.

6 Likes

Still some summer left so having a beer outside

4 Likes

Well on holiday in Dorset so badgers tanglefoot seems appropriate.

1 Like

Cheeky mid-morning mid-walk pint of Adnam’s Mosaic at the Maybush - dry hoppy citrus, no pic as it had gone by the time I got my phone out. Sat on a bench appropriately underneath a (heavily manicured) Maybush.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Not bad “weissbier”. I see the non-alcoholic beer thread has been closed but this is one example where I preferred the alcohol free version.
Research continues!:slight_smile:

8 Likes