What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Insel Kreide - Another beer from Insel-Brauerei Rügen.

Tastes very fruity, actually a bit too fruity for my taste.

6 Likes

Langham Brewery’s HipHop, a lovely 4% beer, very hoppy as the name suggests. Delivered to my house yesterday, set up and tapped at 8pm last night, hard spile swapped for soft at 3pm this afternoon. It’s already settled and cleared and tastes just great. There is nothing like beer straight from the cask. Hopefully we will sell the lot tomorrow night.

10 Likes

Full range of Hook Norton beers on tap at the Pear Tree in Hook Norton. Sampled the Mild and the Jubilee Ale, both excellent.

10 Likes

We lead ethanol-free lives here at home but there is a decent brewery making rather tasty non-alcoholic beers here in the States now – Athletic Brewing Co. Their IPAs are actually nicely hoppy and their dark has those coffee and chocolate notes one expects out of such beers.

1 Like

Tonight’s wonderful selection!

The Ten Storey Malt Bomb is a real favourite and the Stillmans IPA was drinking very well too.

Cheers,

Ian

7 Likes

I notice one of the handpumps is for Inveralmond Ossian ale. I remember sampling this at a beer festival many years ago and it was delicious.

1 Like

Yes, it’s perfect as a refreshing ale on a warm Summer evening…which last night most definitely wasn’t!

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s the same in the northern hemisphere but I’m getting a little pissed paying for “imported” beer only to find out it’s made here under license. Thought I’d bought a Japanese beer but after further inspection it’s brewed in Vietnam.

Bought in Berkshire, England - made in Vietnam .

I share your disappointment

PS It does say IMPORTED so I suspect like you I thought it was from Japan

4 Likes

Maisel & Friends - Stefan‘s Indian Ale

Very pleasant to drink. And 0.75 liters with 7.3% alcohol by volume mean a quite happy evening. I’ve already started to correct the volume of the music upwards.

7 Likes

Sagres and SuperBock are the major brands of portuguese beer, but I prefer the secondary brands of each factory, like this one.

Goes very well with a football cup winning, image by Sony, sound by Naim and Dynaudio.

2 Likes

Bloomin’ beer. I’ve got so much here you wouldn’t believe it. About 500 bottles already, and two firkins of the Flower Pots Brewery’s jubilee special Platinum Pale arriving tomorrow, which will be sold at our Fairport Convention gig on Wednesday. With brewery vans arriving, it’s lucky the neighbours know what’s going on or they’d think I had a serious problem. After a few frantic days it’s rather nice to be able to listen to a bit of jazz with a bottle or two of this…

8 Likes

Have a good one (or three)

Thanks Ian. I omitted to say that I also have a nearly empty firkin of Langham Hip Hop. If I can resettle it I’ll be inviting the neighbours round to finish it tomorrow.

1 Like

Really fond of this one in the garden in these hot summer evenings.

.sjb

8 Likes

Let the festivities begin! Six days and 100 odd real ales await. First evening has been brilliant for beer, less good for Scottish football; though the Ukrainian lady sat next to me could barely contain her excitement!

The tent

The bar

Highlights so far? Titanic, Plum Porter and Ardgour, Gobhar Reamhar, probably the most complex flavoured stout I’ve ever sampled.

Cheers,

Ian

15 Likes

Had to try this last night before it all goes today … more flavour than the bitter but less of a kick than old spot.

12 Likes

Hook Norton Fan here…!!!

1 Like

Enjoying a locally made (Melbourne) Pilesner while waiting dinner.

8 Likes

Good selection of Neepsend beers on at the Lower Welly in Sheffield.

14 Likes

The Kelham Island Brewery has gone into voluntary liquidation. This is one of the last pints of Pale Rider

10 Likes