What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

What a shame. Pale Rider was a lovely beer. These little breweries are so important in the battle to save us all from Doom Bar and its characterless ilk.

3 Likes

That’s a pity, I rather like their beers. Fortunately there are a few other small breweries around Sheffield such as Bradfield, Thornbridge and Abbeydale, so no need to drink any mass produced stuff yet.

1 Like

Sad news… one of my favourites on tap in the fat fat in Norwich

Not my best photo. The Purple Moose was excellent. In Beerbohm’s Lichfield.

11 Likes

Lulu Blanche, just perfect while looking over the Loire a few Km north of Sancerre.

10 Likes

A Feral Pig IPA.

7 Likes

This is one of our local breweries (known as Mŵs Piws on this side of the border) and quite a few nearby pubs serve their beers. Glaslyn is my favourite, and for something a bit different I rather like their Ysgawen (elderflower) ale.

2 Likes

Flinders Station? Nice place Melbourne.

1 Like

Yes, now off to the MCG to watch the Demons v the Sydney swans.

2 Likes

Love the Fat Cat in Norwich - spent many hours in there when I was at uea many years ago. So many good pubs in Norwich and so many good memories of a fine city😃

5 Likes

It was a bit after my time at UEA; we drank at the Adam & Eve if I recall (CHE soc in the late 70’s).

2 Likes

Still going strong and I think the only pub that has old peculiar on draft.

1 Like

Great shame. Used to drink Pale Rider in the Fat Cat with my Dad when I visited him in Sheffield. As @Hifi-dog points out was a regular guest beer in the three East Anglian Fat Cats (free mouses/mice) - Norwich Ipswich & Colchester. Alas Colchester now does food!

1 Like

Now that is a shame.

Glad to hear the Fat Cat is still going strong. I lived in Norwich from 1993 to 2002 and it was one of my favourites.

Cheers,

Ian

1 Like

Enjoying a cold bottle of Avocet in my backyard. Brewed less than a mile from my house.

10 Likes

I love this beer. It’s just perfect at lunchtime when it’s nice and warm.

10 Likes

Thought I’d give this a go. Not bad, very similar to London Pride, and cheap too.

10 Likes

Legend Craft lager. Noice!:yum:

5 Likes

Oh dear :rofl:

7 Likes