What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Another great selection at Beerbohm’s in Lichfield

12 Likes

Enjoying a cold one on a Friday evening.

5 Likes

Enjoying this somewhat odd tasting Kronenbourg Blanc in the tropical heat on Borneo. Cheers folks!

8 Likes

Borneo that sounds interesting, enjoy yourself. Cheers.

7 Likes

Picked up a few of these for £1.35 per 500ml. 5.5%. It’s rather good imho.

11 Likes

Got a case of that from Lidl so cheers! Mind you my back garden is as nice as your beach…,

1 Like

The first big chug is the best.
Then it’s all downhill after :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Another great brew from your local shop.

Although this is a bit more exceptional. Bursting with old man flavours.

8 Likes

Celebrated Belgian independence last week with a few tasty brews

10 Likes

Egg exchange … I hope the Brakespeare is as good as I remember before it was take over.

6 Likes

Currently sipping a late afternoon beer in a bar on Korcula Island, Croatia. It’s called Osječko and is brewed since 1697. Very refreshing after snorkelling in 22 deg’s water in 35 deg’s air.

10 Likes

Sadly not IMHO.

I feared as much … just memories then.

Awesome !

Who’s taken over who ?

Or is an amalgam ? Like dare I say it , Courage ?

Brakspear used to be an independent brewery in Henley on Thames; it was a prime site in the centre of town. Their webpage says they still are family owned.
They no longer brew in town, which is a shame because they had a gravity system with wonderfully open square vats (zinc lined?). Now it’s brewed by Wychwood in Witney, which a modern stainless steel setup.

2 Likes

Many Thanks, I thought it might be a recent thing. I am friendly with a member of the Simonds family as in The Simonds Brewery , he is in his nineties but still retains an interest in brewing matters .
If there are any changes in local breweries such as West Berks or indeed Brakspeare I like to tell him , but this is ancient news

best wishes

Ian

2 Likes

Indeed - I lived around there in the late 70’s. I thought they had sold out completely but seems just sub let / contracted out the brewing. Mind you with their portfolio of pubs something had to give.

I have family links to Eldridge Pope which went through a similar unbundling.

1 Like

So, how did you take that picture ? Third hand ?

4 Likes