What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Guinness Nitro Cold Brew Coffee

4 Likes

How is it?

Nice pint at the Old Well Inn in Barnard Castle.

4 Likes

Same familiar Guinness flavor with a bit more coffee forward flavors and aromas.
It was nice.

2 Likes

On a scorchio North Yorks. afternoon, if you’re doing this :

Then there’s nothing better to keep you going than this :

Neither a lager, nor a beer, it’s a tasty inbetweeny from Barcelona. :yum: :yum:

12 Likes

Thanks.

Fyne Ales, Vital Spark; rehydration after the hottest day of the year so far, endorsed by Stevie!

A great colour and even better flavour.

Cheers,

Ian

8 Likes

Bottle of Doom Bar Zero amber beer from the fridge. It’s awful and has a very artificial taste and horrid aftertaste. Nothing like a beer IMO, more a chemical concoction.

The label says ‘Balanced & Moreish’ … :scream:

I’m not a great fan of amber beers as I find them too sweet but in the hot weather I thought worth trying as a way to quench one’s thirst. It seems I’m not alone as there are many 1* reviews on Amazon which say the same.

Tbh the normal Doom Bar is less than impressive imho.

1 Like

It’s so bad, and there’s a lingering odour from it too, that I’m going to e-mail the brewery.

It really does smell like a mild chemical reaction has taken place.

Here’s a link (if permitted) to an occasional magazine. This article is on cider, but there are others on beer.

Perhaps cider is the ideal drink on a hot summer day?

1 Like

This evening’s tipple: this golden ale from near Marlborough is quite refreshing with a chunk of Mrs Montgomery’s cheddar. Glad I have another bottle in the cellar.

2 Likes

BG Sips on top form in Beerbohm’s, Lichfield

10 Likes

i think id have to have a half of all of those…

1 Like

Camden Hells Lager my favourite for some time and seems to be becoming ever more popular.

4 Likes

Had quite a few different, regional (and for me, obscure) brews yesterday at the Epping and Ongar Railway beer fest. Great fun.

10 Likes

7 Likes

Beavertown Neck Oil Session IPA, nice and refreshing.

8 Likes

Kronenbourg 5%, 660ml. So its more than a pint for £1.35. Bit cheaper than the Pub. It’s very warm and the beer is very cold. Enjoying.

2 Likes

Only bottled beers in our Scottish hotel this evening, this Ka Pai pale ale from Edinburgh is delicious - sure I have time for another before we head out for dinner

6 Likes