What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

The line up for the first night of Roctoberfest, our local pub’s autumn ale and music festival.

Tried all the ales except the known local ones (Northern Light and Shambles with which I’m familiar) and all were excellent!

Hoping for more excellence over the next couple of days!

Cheers,

Ian

11 Likes

Almost as much grey hair there as in a Naim demo :smile:

6 Likes

Trappistes Rochefort Triple

10 Likes

Visited the 7 Tuns in Chedworth last week. Sampled a mild from Hook Norton - very tasty at 3.8%. It set me up for the walk which was followed up by a pint of Hooky.

3 Likes

My first ever beer… in Japan.

7 Likes

Good place to start. I love Japanese beers, they always seem to have a clean taste.

4 Likes

Pint of one of the classics Timothy Taylors Landlord sat outside on a fine Autumn day after a good walk. Parfait as they say up here.

12 Likes

Uley - my pint is now £4.50 at my local.
I should have had one at the golf club.

BG Sips on top form at Beerbohm’s in Lichfield, £3.80 a pint.

5 Likes

I paid £7.10 for a pint of Neck Oil the other day. Admittedly, it was a touristy pub in Sth Kensington (such a dearth of pubs around there) but still…more than seven quid!

2 Likes

It seems I have only one bottle of beer left in the house. I don’t know who drank all the others as I live here by myself. Spooky!! Anyway, it’s a bottle of Bishops Finger. Cheers.

3 Likes

£8 for a pint of camden pale in the gypsy moth at greenwich!!

:hushed:

Allagash Barrel & Bean: Golden Ale aged in Bourbon barrels and blended with cold-brew

4 Likes

A Little Creatures Rogers, rather nice.

6 Likes

Evolution rather than revolution here at The Bandstand. All the beers bought in for the festival are award winners and include the Blue Monkey, Infinity Plus 1 IPA, which I enjoyed immensely last night.

Beer is £4.70 a pint at the moment but the landlord has indicated there is likely to be a price rise in the near future.

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

Victory - Sour Monkey: Sour Triple.
This is a very nice beer and I love both sours and triples.

4 Likes

Just a half … notorious of course

8 Likes

I’ve got these in the fridge and some at room temp
Not sure if I should be drinking these warm or cold ?
………. Like, what would I know…. I’m Canadian eh

6 Likes