What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Last minute preparations sponsored by Leffe.

Wishing you the most serene Christmas.

11 Likes

Couple of winter warming stouts this evening, down in Blackrock. Marshmallow & Chocolate followed by Nitro Breakfast (whatever that is!)

10 Likes

It’s about time someone made a beer for breakfast now if only you could get that at MacDonalds drive thru.

5 Likes

… kind of late morning type

6 Likes

A brilliant post Christmas selection at The Bandstand, including one of my all-time favourites; Windswept, Wolf.

Cheers

Ian

13 Likes

Nice bottle of Fuller’s Vintage Ale 2022.

15 Likes

Both lovely…

10 Likes

Just to prove I’m not just a one trick (stout) pony as the year recedes I’m enjoying some Donegal IPA from Kinnegar Farmhouse Beers - a really nice black rye IPA

.sjb

11 Likes

The first beer of the new year… :beers:

6 Likes

Now here is a thought that might see me go to the pub today, or perhaps drinking one of the bottles / can in the cellar.

5 Likes

Prefer the craft stuff at home but Sloop Junior likes this and I’ve run out!

This “original recipe” does have a distinctive taste and is very drinkable but I generally prefer more chocolate overtones.

.sjb

5 Likes

Schneider Weisse, Aventinus Weizen-Doppelbock, Germany

Tastes wonderfully refreshing. Anyway, should not be used to quench thirst in view of the 8.2% alc. :wink:

12 Likes

Nicest lager I’ve had in years, just ordered my second. :grin:

10 Likes

My son came from a short trip from Belgium today back and brought his father a small gift

11 Likes

Hard to beat a good Belgium beer.

5 Likes

Wa wah

5 Likes

A grand selection on at the Bandstand after hillwalking today. Given it was cold and snowing, a warming coffee and milk stout seemed like a good choice.

However, at 8.1 abv, and £7.00 a pint, one, drunk very slowly, was the order of the day. I can though, confirm it was an excellent brew!

Cheers,

Ian

8 Likes

The start of a box of Belgium beers that i got for christmas👍

12 Likes

‘Lightman’ ale from the neighbourhood brewery.

Picked up 12 bottles for £15 - bargain. Accompanied by Bowie’s ‘Diamond Dogs’.

10 Likes

Thumbs up on both choices.