What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

10 Likes

Steam Brew Imperial IPA

Available at our local Lidl for little money. Tastes surprisingly good and strong.

4 Likes

I didn’t manage to drink all the Christmas beers I ordered at the end of November in time before Christmas. Interestingly, they also taste good in January. :wink:

11 Likes

Another one from my christmas haul😀

11 Likes

Someone mentioned here recently that Belgians brew the best beer. True.

12 Likes

Icelandic tomato beer!

8 Likes

8 Likes

Maisel & Friends - Jeff‘s Bavarian Ale, Germany

Fruity and spicy, never gets boring. If Béla Bartók had been a brewmaster, he would have brewed this beer.

10 Likes

Last night’s selection at the Bandstand.

Both the White Shores and Mixtape IPA were drinking nicely. And as a bonus, the band were playing a few tunes ahead of their gig later in the evening.

Beer and music; not a bad way to end the week!

Cheers,

Ian

11 Likes

My Belgian son-in-law is definitely having an impact

.sjb

14 Likes

Trip out to the local agricultural merchants and stopped off at an old haunt of mine that is under new ownership. No signs on the ale pumps, my favourite Hooky no longer served, but they now deliver ale in pewter tankards to thirsty customers. This was OPA from Stroud Brewery.

10 Likes

I have a confession: the lurgy has prevented me from drinking a Christmas present until now. Last evening I treated to myself a couple of pints. They were a bit flat but tasty nevertheless.

10 Likes

A great little film. It made me realise that I’ve never drunk porter. Nor have I seen in served in pubs like this. A ‘pint of plain’ please.

5 Likes

Red MacGregor and Hoppy Ness; as good an end to a crappy working week as you could wish for. Have an excellent weekend!

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

No name chocolate stout. Home brewed by a mate. Rather good.

10 Likes

That a shame least it still tastes ok.

1 Like

It does … I have drawn another pint. Sadly, Chas Wright, the founder of the brewery has just died. I raise a glass to all ale lovers in his memory.

3 Likes

A wholly Scottish bar at the Bandstand this evening; and all excellent examples of their particular styles.

Cheers,

Ian

10 Likes

I’ve always loved drinking beer and I liked it but since I discovered at my expense that it’s very bad for the prostate (leads to benign IBP with risk of surgical operations) I drink a glass of good wine in addition to 1.5 liters of water a day red… Meditate people, meditate… While there is time…

A local IPA but because I had a few I’m buggered if I can remember its name. :grin:

I was rather good though.

11 Likes