What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

You really can’t go wrong with that one. Superb pint!

1 Like

Torni also has a top floor bar with the view over Town. Did you visit there too?

Actually I myself prefer more Karhu you mentioned.

Blue Bee Reet Pale, in the Horse and Jockey, Lichfield.

2 Likes

I forget how nice this is…

3 Likes

Absolutely. Many times - for some reason we were always talking about Spies and Military there. Must be since the history of the hotel is related to that. I always tried to get a hotel room as high as possible in the Torni. Extremely small but styleful rooms. It the Torni was full, I tried to stay in the Presidentti, other side of the Kamppi. Been also in the Aussie bar often.

It was in the Torni hotel in 2002 (just after the Euro arrived) that I met for the first time people who grew up on the other side of the iron curtain. Finland has a special position in these historical stories.

Anyhow, it won’t be the last time that I have been there - hopefully.

Enjoying my American Pale Ale and I’m very satisfied with it.
I must admit there has been a few ups and downs the last two years, but my brewing has become much more consistent - and that really is the secret to making good beer.

2 Likes

UBU is superb discovered it on draught a couple of years ago, bottled stuff is pretty close to the draught.
Purity do two others Mad Goose and Gold which are also very good.

Never tried this before; quite pleasantly refreshing

5 Likes

Brewed in Cape Canaveral Florida this Double India Pale Ale (DIPA) is sumptuous … rich and hoppy and a tad strong at 10% ABV … but very drinkable … respect the ape.

4 Likes

Reminds me of the last time I was in New Jersey - an IPA at 17% abv. That’s embalming fluid!

Salopian Oracle at the Horse and Jockey, Lichfield. Superb.

3 Likes

I’m over beer.

1 Like

Six Malt Stout, brewed by St Austell Brewery for M &S. One of my favourite stouts. I suspect it is closely based on St Austell’s Mena Dhu stout.

1 Like

From a few years ago at the furthest point on Key West and very enjoyable it was too

2 Likes

Batemans Victory Ale. Full and fruity

:yum: :beer:

3 Likes

Chimay ‘White’ Triple for me tonight. Very easy to drink!

9 Likes

The info on dilution is lifted straight from St Austell’s website. As for reducing the amount able to be drunk when out, if driving I drink no alcohol at all, if not I choose quality over quantity any day of the week!

This thread revives fond memories… I’ve been on a gluten-free diet for over ten years now - not by choice, I hasten to add.
I’ve tried a few gluten-free beers, but the quality is extremely variable, and the pubs that keep gluten-free ale always seem to have the same brand. Any suggestions?

Any of the above :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Interesting one. I guess it depends if you are celiac or not. I was on a gluten free diet for seveal years and then one day drank a corona. I felt fine and googled it and found out that in some coutries (Not UK) its classed as gluten free. Same with Sol, Tsing Tao and other rice based beers. This does not help with the ales but maybe some more choice depending on the severity of your condition. I actually moved on from the ‘gluten free’ beers to normal beers and found that gluten did not affect me in the same way anymore. I was sort of reset BUT I was not celiac, I was intolerant. VERY different.