What book are you reading right now?

Never been a fan of audiobooks.

I just ordered the book, thanks for the recommendation.

1 Like

Hitler-Ian Kershaw

1 Like

Will keep me going for a few evenings with red wine and some appropriate music.

5 Likes

Some indifferent reviews from buyers on Amazon so I’d be interested in your view.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to reading this book as well. I would have liked the author to have included Paul Chambers, Jimmy Cobb and Cannonball Adderly. If ever there was an album that all players excelled on, ‘Kind of Blue’ is it.

1 Like

1 Like

5 Likes

Just finished Demon Copperhead. Good story-telling. Interesting to track the plot and character parallels with Dickens.

A lot of time spent on the painkiller drug dependency. I suspect Dickens would have taken up that issue were he alive today.

What next . . .?

3 Likes

I absolutely loved the book

Terry Pratchett, discworld books, at the moment book 7, pyramids!

3 Likes

7 Likes

My favourite author of the last thirty years, reading him on the underground in the nineties and bursting out laughing.

The people having a Quick Look at what you are reading and then smiling.

Tiffany Aching , Death , Sam Vines, Granny Weatherwax, lovely characters all

I feel that that bloody disease robbed him, his family and millions of readers

4 Likes

I’ve read a few of Matsumoto’s novels translated into Chinese, although I did read this one in English (in an edition called Points and Lines). I have to say my favourite novel of his is Suna no Utsuwa (Castles of Sand or Inspector Imanishi Investigates) - it’s a very engrossing read and perhaps the best Japanese crime novel I’ve read.

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, will give it a go… :+1:

1 Like

No mystery to me, I think it’s a great album, even if Roger disagrees…

steve

1 Like

Great adventure so far.

3 Likes

I rarely read music books but this one looks really interesting and it was well reviewed. I had it on my Amazon wish list but no one took the hint, so I bought it myself and it’s just arrived. Now, where is my eyeliner?

5 Likes

Described by The Guardian as a Slough House lean to.

Much the same characters but in a different setting.

Loaded onto the Kindle when it was .99p together with the Audible reading.

If sleep is elusive or my eyes sting from the Gaucoma drops the Audible is very welcome. I am a convert.

6 Likes