What coffee are you drinking?

Haven’t been in McDonald’s for nearly twenty years .

To me, it would be like falling off the wagon, but I remember their coffee as being quite good

Carefully stirred, not shaken!:slight_smile:

12 Likes

Currently enjoying this as espresso (and flat whites). Just enough fruit tartness balanced by the dark chocolate and sweet finish.

A coffee roaster that favours lighter roasts, which seem to suit my tastes.
A good alternative to my usual Blending Room roaster favourites.

1 Like

A recommendation I can get behind! If I didn’t already have over 1.5kg of coffee in the kitchen I would be ordering some now. The descriptions of brewing recommendations look fantastic. Must remember to buy some beans from them soon

1 Like

For Xmas, the daughters bought me a subscription to Square Mile Coffee Co - beans.

Had three so far, one was “exceptional”, one was “excellent”, and one was merely “very, very nice”.

So far, so good!

Hmm, just thinking about it makes me want to fire up the Aeropress!:grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

I thoroughly agree with all your points, not just this one. And there are other things as well like the water temp when brewing and you mentioned the pressure which is important. There’s really no comparison.

That’s James Hoffman’s company isn’t it? I sometimes buy from them - nice coffee in lovely packaging. Not surprising really knowing the proprietor :slight_smile:

Rave Coffee Espresso Blend No 4. I quite like Rave - fresh roasts, delivered quickly. Their Strong AF being a favourite…

A quickie before I run out to pick up some records - I’ll run faster!

3 Likes

Also used Rave, a decent roaster and good service.

1 Like

Does the AF stand for the atrial fibrillation it induces? :wink:

4 Likes

Presume it’s “As F*ck”

1 Like

Rave describe their darkest roast yet as
“Strong And Fun”…

I don’t buy that for one second.

But the coffee is good.

1 Like

I agree. Lavazza Gold produces a lovely coffee with my La Pavoni espresso machine. (It’s handily sold in vacuum packs in my local corner shop, but I buy in packs of six from Amazon when I see that stocks are running low in the local.)

1 Like

Best coffee I have found for my La Pavoni is Illy

Is this the “Show us your La Pavoni” thread!? :slight_smile:

1982 model - they are lovely made machines :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.