Oh dear……

1 Like

Best to forget that. :scream:

1 Like

Now $144, so about $11M……

1 Like

That’s not going to help Mike. :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

No, but he could have bought them at $183. If we all had hindsight for shares, we’d all be gaming it and having statement systems.

2 Likes

And we would not be happier

3 Likes

In 2009. Could’ve been incredibly rich by now. sigh

1 Like

The bigger house next door.

And poor now :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I believe they split as well, so even more I think. But again, I have plenty of regrets, I just don’t let them bother me.

1 Like

Yeah, no need to rub it in, I suppose … :grin:

1 Like

That’s the very same model I owned around 40 years ago.
Amazing bike.
Got me banned for 2 years!!

1 Like

Yep sand here but another 20k in 2000 could not be had.

As mentioned on another thread, 1973 Ferrari 365 GTS.
I had the chance to purchase one that was in need of a bit of work in 1993, including a full engine recondition, but a project role came up in Kazakhstan and I decided to wait until I returned.
After a year in the frozen waste of the Kazakh oil fields along side the Caspian Sea I came home and bought an Alfa Romeo instead.
Still regret not buying it to this day, especially as good examples sell for over £1m these days :man_facepalming:t4:

In the early 90s a friend of friend was selling a white 1970s 911 that needed a little bodywork and tidying up, but mechanically it was still in great condition overall and had low miles. Pre marriage and family responsibilities, it still would have been a stretch to buy it having to take out a loan etc (even with the below market price being asked), so I stupidly took the safe route and bought a MK2 Golf GTi. Still haunts me that decision, and I always twitch a little when I see a tidy 1970s 911. It looked very similar to this, but RHD…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.