What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

2 Likes

FIFA vs IOC

I’ll watch Kickback as it is on Prime.

Unfortunately I can’t vote with my feet as I did that long since.

Nah. Great film but way prefer High Society :wink:. All the characters are perfect - and the music :notes:

1 Like

My wife agrees with you!

I DO listen to the soundtrack regularly.

Watched Mission Impossible 2 last night - the 4K UHD disk. I really enjoyed the movie and the images, stunts and sound track were great. I had to turn the volume down at 10pm though after waking up Mrs Mike during the big motorbike scene and rumbling the floor boards. Great scenery from Sydney too.

Thanks to @dave-marshall

Julian Temples brilliant, funny and moving film

RIP Wilko

:heart:

1 Like

I watched “Lamborghini, the man behind the legend” last week. It is a well done biopic, especially if you’re into cars.

Two very good indie films free of charge on Prime.
Tom Hardy rarely lets you down.
Just him in his car driving to London and many phone calls (try and guess the names of those actors he speaks to.)His life changes throughout the journey.
Sounds slow and boring? Look at those reviews.

Don’t get it mixed up with a Canadian horror story with the same title.
It all happens in the toll both on the cheapest toll in Pembrokeshire from which Smiley runs the local crime syndicate.
Countryfile meets Tarantino.
Bit of a home for Game of Thrones actors.
Both have YouTube trailers.

1 Like

A powerful story matched by powerful performances.
I find myself drawn back to this one time and time again.

10 Likes

I have always wanted a set and this was an incredibly rash purchase from Magpie.
£4.36 delivered.

10 Likes

They made your day.

4 Likes

Found ‘The Toll’ to be laugh out loud in many places, Tarantino meets countryfile indeed, thankyou for the suggestion.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve just ordered it on BBluRay ,

9 Likes

Just completed watching The English on iplayer.
We enjoyed it a lot, a bit of a slow burner and occssionally a little confusing but it all makes sense in the end.
The story although fiction appears to be inspired by some factual events and nice to see a Western going some way to depict the reality of the injustices and horror inflicted on Native Americans. The intro reminds me of Sergio Leone and throughout with its array if bizarre characters kept making me think of A Fistful Of Dollars etc.
Lovely UHD picture looks great on my OLED

download.jpeg

3 Likes

Locke is a brilliant film and Tom Hardy one of my fave actors

2 Likes

I won’t buy a tv license so will have to wait for it to appear on bluray.
Looks good.
Amazon Prime in Australia.

I finished it a couple of weeks ago, like you I found it a bit confusing and there’s definitely a few gaps in the story. I did mention on another thread that I thought it was a reasonable depiction of how the west was really won.

1 Like