What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

The appalling account of the NYPD’s disgusting treatment and murder with impunity of Kenneth Chamberlain

Had a new 5:1 speaker system delivered Saturday morning so had a dip into these recomended scenes, I own Unbroken and Bohemian Rhapsody both of which sounded very good and enjoyed a stream of Wall-E. Loved the story around capitalism, corporate monopolies, consumerism and environmental damage and its often very funny.

WALL-E_poster

I then went flying down the stairs…
Not to self: dont leave subwoofer carton on the landing its a H&S trip hazard :joy:

2 Likes

Don’t you mean The Double Deckers Brinsley Forde.

1 Like

‘Interesting’ Streatham from my time around there 35/40 years ago is a bit different from today’s interesting Streatham mind…

1 Like

Indeed I do, you have great memory, I used to watch on Saturday mornings, pity no tapes of it exist anymore.
Apart from a couple of clips on YT.

Get on board…

:heart:

2 Likes

Get On Board indeed…. Sometimes I still find myself singing the theme tune. Amazing that Melvyn Hayes is still around.

1 Like

It was a great show, and yes respect due Melvin Hayes!
Fond childhood memories of Saturday morning kids matinee at ABC Astoria (Brighton) Double Deckers, Looney Tunes, Flash Gordon with Buster Crabbe (?), Three Stooges…aah!

1 Like

Yes me too at the Saturday Morning pictures and kids TV circa the Double Deckers.

I am working on this on the guitar at the moment if you remember it?

2 Likes

Cant say I do Andy, I googled wiki but doesnt ring any bells, must have passed me by. Maybe we couldnt get ITV back then.

1 Like

We must have had ITV as I can remember watching programmes like the original Catweasel and Timeslip

1 Like

…oh! And Tomorrow People…now youve got me at it! :joy:

1 Like

Ha! Funny you should mention that. I watched the first episode last month. It’s on the ITVX ‘iplayer’.

1 Like

I seem to recall I had a thing about Sammie Winmill.

1 Like

Too much information :joy:

Mitchell & Webb…And that’s a bad miss.

1 Like

Will have a look, there is some on YT

Definitely a late night softcore dad perv.
Kate is the standout attraction IMO.
Not for the mentally immature.

1 Like

Martin. 1977.
Probably Romero’s best.
A claustrophobic play of a young man’s deluded idea that he is an 18th century vampire.
Definitely one for the connosers of the horror genre.
Has a great soundtrack. Even soft cell did a track in homage to the film.

1 Like

Nannerl Mozart was a child prodigy like her brother Wolfgang Amadeus, but her musical career came to an end when she was 18.

I watched Blow-up last night (essential annual viewing)

Then a trip to Maryon Park today - amazing walking around the main film location.

A young Jane Birkin makes an appearance.

IMG_7870

IMG_7869

8 Likes