What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

I have or had the DVD (same cover as Blu-ray). I took all my 500+ DVDs to the charity shop last year. But not before transferring them all to a digital streaming/server set up.

Not sure why Colossus wasn’t a bit hit - but at that time I guess no one thought computers would take over the world.

1 Like

Death Proof. 2007.

tintino’s forgotten masterpiece.

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I watched this. On 4k blu ray the picture, as usual, is excellent. Bit of an odd film, but I enjoyed it.

5 Likes

Sometimes I think I am living the Truman Show.

3 Likes

My cat Mo definitely lives The Truman Show. He hasn’t got a clue about the real world.

1 Like

It’s Grandad’s 75th. birthday, and family and friends, all 212 of them, are gathering for a posh do, to celebrate, up in the Scottish Highlands.

Except, Grandad is Billy Connolly, who does irreverent better than anyone, and thinks the whole thing is a load of bo**ox, and is more concerned with passing on the real meaning of life to his visiting grandkids.

Things don’t go as planned on the big day, and the whole thing descends into farce … … … but with a smiley ending.

Great black comedy, and a worthy pre-Christmas watch. :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

1 Like

Squaring the Circle: The Story of Hipgnosis. Streamed via Netflix. Anton Corbijn’s love letter to the most influential design group / duo in the music industry - the fascinating story as to how Hipgnosis came about. Loved the “Call from God” comment in relation to Macca, the whole scenario of getting under the wing of Led Zeppelin & Peter Grant, and also great to see George Hardy (my former college tutor) looking so well. Essential viewing for anyone with an interest in art and design.

7 Likes

IMG_0196

Alison Pill - whom I had loved in In Treament - has been widely praised for her role, but Sarah Gadon is wonderful in hers, and an astonishing beauty.

Will be watching this tonight
Taxi Driver

6 Likes

5 Likes

Marlowe (1969)

James Garner is brilliant in the role of Marlowe brought up to date in 1969 Los Angeles and based on the Chandler novel ‘The Little Sister’.

Bruce Lee appears doing Bruce Lee stuff and Rita Moreno performs.

A precursor to the Rockford Files.

4 Likes

I saw this shortly after it came out but somehow never since.

Just watched again.

What a terrific movie.

5 Likes

Renfield - dark vampire comedy with cartoon violence… definitely an untaxing popcorn movie.

2 Likes

I intend to watch Oppenheimer over the Christmas break. I am really looking forward to it.

Harry Palmer weekend.

13 Likes

IMG_2884

4 Likes

Now Palmer listen to me.

2 Likes

Close the door Palmer… And don’t slouch into my office like a pregnant camel, stand to attention!

2 Likes