What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

download

I watched Oppenheimer yesterday. I really enjoyed it. The first 30 minutes are a little frantic, as the movie jumps through different time periods. It then settles down a bit and I really got into it.
The acting performances are first rate, especially Cillian Murphy. This movie made me fear nuclear weapons again! We live with the threat every moment of our lives, so we tend to forget it. Oppenheimer brings the threat back to the forefront of our reality.

5 Likes

Which one’s David Hasselhoff?

3 Likes

Brilliant just brilliant

4 Likes

Back on the wagon train.

Sam Elliott is in charge of a group of European immigrants and Dutton’s wilful family.

Bluray. TV series.

1 Like

I have no tv licence so never get to watch the BBC’s entertainment.

The English,a bbc production,is now on Amazon Prime
IMG_2095

The honourable Emily wandering early North America with a bag of money looking to wreak misery on the person she sees as responsible for the death of her son joins forces with a Pawnee army scout.
Toby Jones is the stagecoach driver.

Highly regarded by most critics.

So now I have Sam’s moustache and Emily’s throbbing forehead vein to watch……… Must be a Raab family connection.

Just now enjoying watching this on the telly.

But. Why, ?
What were they thinking. The best AC story, the best supporting cast. With the worst
Poirot - Albert Finney.

2 Likes

In a similar vein, watching Rickman’s villainous SoN placing all the other leads (and the script) in ‘Robin Hood Prince of Thieves’ into a ditch of pitifully dire mediocrity.

It’s a bit like two movies in one.

3 Likes

Haha yes.
Although the 1974 MOTOE is considered to be the best film adaptation of an Agatha Christie story, your Prince of Thieves the most successful of a Robin Hood adaptation in the box office.
We could go on and contest these subtleties. :innocent:

Ooh no, a double bill of Death on The Nile and Evil Under the Sun does it for me…

2 Likes

I’ve just finished watching Star Wars episode 3 with my daughter. Good movie, it is.

1 Like

… and In the Heat of the Night

6 Likes

I watched again this morning. Pollack’ s master piece surrounded with an atmosphere of sadness, the Dave Grusin soundtrack Is perfect as well

A film short on cheer and high on ruthlessness with very little empathy for the main protagonists. 3/5

Classic movie from the 90’s. A bit too long but a solid 4/5

3 Likes

CC8C4450-2D29-4713-A480-C6D4B61B424B_4_5005_c

Didn’t get to see this at the cinema, in part because I couldn’t schedule a 3 hour plus slot, so Blu-ray next best thing. Some superb performances. I very much enjoyed it and it will be one of those films that I will watch several times. Highly recommended.

11 Likes

Renegades - streamed via Amazon. Atrocious stuff, with mostly dire production values (esp sound and SFXs). Avoid – unless you have a high pain threshold.

I watched “The king of comedy” last night for the first time. A great Scorsese flick.

Kingofcomedy

2 Likes

Just watched it and loved it. Very funny and some amusing allusions to other films and genres. Don’t take the plot to seriously but enjoy the overall message. And Jamie Lee Curtis.

What’s not to like?

Last night we watched The Great Escaper, based on the true story of Bernie Jordan who decided to make his own way from his care home to the 70th anniversary D Day memorial in Normandy. A sweet film, all the more poignant for being Glenda Jackson’s final film before her death, and very possibly Michael Caine’s last film too.

What I found most interesting was that my two young Canadian nephews knew next to nothing about D Day, or even much about the Second World War.

4 Likes