What first: PSU or new speakers?

Please do. What Norwegian jazz do you enjoy?

Iā€™ve seem Tord Gustavsen and Trygve Seim play locally and love their music. Arve Henriksen is a genius I think, and Iā€™m sure there are many others. There is just something about Norway that really appeals to me.

1 Like

That sounds too good to be true to me, take care. If it is a genuine sale its a bargain.

1 Like

I would say anywhere between about Ā£1250 and Ā£1750 factors afecting price being: Date last serviced, dealer/ebay/private sale, age.

1 Like

You could always get it shiped to WH for a service then forward on to you, I think they ship internationally.

Do you know what it will cost to get it serviced?

Not sure for an SC, think they did my Olive HC for around Ā£200

My 2cents - unless your speakers are woefully inadequate, PSU first. Source first brings control and solidity to the sound in a way that is not achievable at end of chain. My experience to date.

I would be surprised if this is a genuine sale. Olive Supercaps (a) do not home for sale THAT often, and (b) not at Ā£500.00.

Caveat emptor here, I feel

1 Like

It is not serviced. I just got an answere from the seller.

Check out the ad. It looks genuine enough, But I donā€™t know. He told me itā€™s not serviced.

1 Like

OK. If itā€™s by auction rather than ā€œbuy it nowā€ that will explain the low price, and may well be genuine. As the auction still has 9 days to run, I would expect the price to increase substantially before auction end.

I guess you would need to apply your usual ebay strategy hereā€¦ATB, Al

Hmm, you might like to remove the link from your post before Mr Dane awakes and swishes it, it may contravene forum rules!

Thanks for the headsup. Link removed :slight_smile:

I think ur right, and I did not see the auction detail in the ad.

If the SuperCap option gets out of hand, I will look for HiCap(s). Is there any rule of thumb in regards to when theyā€™re produced, if I want to buy two units? I understand olive with olive, chrome with chrome, and so on. But within one range, letā€™s say the olive range. There arenā€™t many that sell two at the same time.

Is this what I should be looking for in a serviced product?

Ā«serviced with new reservoir and tantalum capsĀ»

-T

Serviced (2016) olive HiCap, bid atm is Ā£300. Ten hours until auction closes.

checked product history for dates, Olive and CB have similar internals
HC CB 1984-1989
HC Olive 1989 - 2002
HC 2 2002-2012
HC 2DR 2012 ->

SC Olive 1995-2002
SC new look 2002-2012
SC DR 2012 ->

Iā€™ve owned an 82 on two occasions. Iā€™ve run them with one hicap, two hicaps and a Supercap. Adding a second Hicap made virtually no difference and Iā€™d forget it as an option. You want a nice olive Hicap or a nice olive Supercap. The Supercap will make the 82 significantly better than a Hicap will. There is no rush. Take your time and find a good example of either.

1 Like

Thanks hungry,

Ā£300 for a 2016 serviced olive HC seems like a nice option and starting point, I guess.