What gin are you drinking, and why might someone else enjoy it?

Two glasses and my numbers get mixed up.
Didn’t help me sleep though. 3am still waiting for Mr. Sandman.
Hip quite uncomfortable whilst laying down.

Answer 1: Tanqueray “Seville Orange”.
Answer 2: It’s gin.

Happy days.

1 Like

Whitley Neill Rhubarb and Ginger gin, plus 3-4 drops of Angostura bitters, plus ginger ale, ice and a slice of lime.

It’s what they drink in heaven.

5 Likes

I quite liked that when I had some a couple of years ago but my wife didn’t. I got some Edinburgh gin rhubarb and ginger for Christmas and that seems a bit more delicate in flavour. Very nice

I have been trying to find Whitley neill gooseberry gin for months (not making special trips or anything) but cannot find it anywhere in stock. Booths used to carry Edinburgh gin gooseberry and elderflower which was nice but not as good as the Whitley straight gooseberry one

I love the flavour of violets (I’m a Parma Violets addict) but violet gin can be tricky - sometimes the taste of violets can be completely overwhelming.

This Boë violet gin is really subtle though, meaning you can have more than one glass of it without feeling sick!

3 Likes

Well I didn’t know that. There is a gin manufacturer just around the corner-ish on the marshes. Not sure if they produce the spirit or just add local botanicals.

I wouldn’t swim in the bay despite claims of the water’s purity. Hopefully the alcohol will settle my fears. £36. A bottle. It will need to be good.

1 Like

Manly Spirits Gin, Sydney Australia. 43% alcohol.
Flavoured with the usual suspects plus finger limes and sea lettuce. Very nice after a day painting the laundry

3 Likes

Locally produced Brighton Gin sells well in my nearby pub.

1 Like

Lighthouse Gin locally produced at Martinborough over the hill from where I live. It’s made in the campus of Martinborough Vineyards. Very oily with navel orange zest and Yen Ben lemon notes.

2 Likes

One of the originals and best in my opinion, with that lovely moorish taste with the beautiful combination of juniper berries, coriander, angelica and liquorice.
Many have tried to emulate, or try and enhance by adding unnecessary spices or flavourings, but very few if any have succeeded in my opinion.

5 Likes

Not Gin or Whisky, but we don’t have a Vodka thread.

A lovely Japanese vodka from Nikka (who do a nice whisky too):

Nikka Coffey Vodka. Yum. Very.

1 Like

Just had a neat taste of this.

Definitely going to get a bottle.

Willy.

3 Likes

Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 10.38.16

It’s so good, Malfy Lemon Gin used to be my favourite.

Beefeater Crown Jewel…

2 Likes

Meeting up with old work colleagues, one of whom brought this tipple from Oz.

3 Likes

Here’s an interesting tidbit I came across recently:

‘The Best Gin for a Gin and Tonic, According to Bartenders’
London Dry gin boasts a distinctive, juniper-forward profile that harmonizes beautifully with the bitterness of tonic water. Thanks to its adherence to strict production standards prohibiting added sweeteners or artificial flavors, this gin’s commitment to consistency results in a crisp, clean, and pure taste that allows the natural botanicals to shine. (Contrary to what the name suggests, this style of gin can be made anywhere in the world.
If you’re just starting your gin journey and looking for something that won’t break the bank, Ryan Chetiyawardana, Masterclass Instructor recommends Beefeater London Dry Gin. He praises it not only for its taste but also for its affordability and widespread availability. “The good thing about Beefeater is you can wander into any store and find it. Pound for pound, it’s the best,” says Chetiyawardana.

This is no surprise to my wife as Beefeater has always been her favourite for G&T. I also must admit that I really do like the juniper forward taste as well. Even when served neat or on ice.

This except was quoted from ‘the kitchn.com’.