What have you sold that you wish you hadn’t?

I still have my black ash A60 and the matching Rega Planar. The A60 is currently not used, along with an Alpha 7SE CD player, as I have a Uniti2 in that room (a garage/games room). I have thought about replacing the Uniti2 with a Naim streamer into the A60 and using the Alpha as well, but that Uniti2 is no slouch. The Rega happily runs into the 252 these days.

I’ve sold a Uniti Qute2, SN2 and XPS DR and put the funds into upgrades on the main system. I had to juggle between off loading the SN2 or the Nova and the Nova won for convenience with the family in the living room. I find these choices hard to make and often wish I held onto the SN2 in particular, as a spare.

2 Likes

My pair of Dynaudio Contour 1.3Mkii’s. Sold when moving into a rented house for a couple of years - they needed a bit of space and I was struggling for room.

Nothing I’ve heard since getting shot of them sounds significantly better…

5 Likes

Everything. I regret every bit of gear I let go of even if I didn’t have a use for it.

Perhaps the worst was an Akai tape deck from 1980 ish. Just an amazing machine and lovingly built and I moved to CD and slung it in a skip. The folly of youth I guess. I didn’t really know much about hifi back then. I’ve never forgiven myself.

3 Likes

What?!!

1 Like

Townsend Rock turntable with excalibur arm and a ATOC09 , to mate who pretty much begged me to let him have it for years. within 3 months he had dropped a lump hammer on it whilst fixing?? something above…yes.

as the base was mostly was made of plaster, it didn’t survive well. I was not happy. not owned a turntable since

Ouch!

2 Likes

I traded in a sn3 and ndx to (part) fund the 808s. Then got an atom and now a Nova. And would I think be enjoying the sn3/ndx more. Still - I may be trading the nova in against a unitiqute to help fund the s1 pre!

1 Like

My Marshall 2061x amplifier and matching 2061cx 212 cabinet for my Les Paul.

(Not hifi but music related so I’ll call it relevant🤣)

Sold my first 282 in 2005 to help with deposit for first house. Regretted it until last year when I finally got another one!

1 Like

I only sell stuff when I’ve bought something significantly better to replace it. I never regret that.

5 Likes

In 2000, I sold my 1981 Porsche 911 SC with 40,000 original miles because my wife and I moved to San Francisco, she needed a car for work, and she couldn’t operate the standard shift. I think the 911 is now worth more than she ever made at her then-job!

1 Like

Hahahahahahahahaha!

This topic is the hoarders victory!

Ha!

3 Likes

Recently had to sell my 5 month old Supernait 3, Spendor classic 4/5 speakers and Denafrips Pontus ii DAC due to unexpected bills.

Gutted but it’s only stuff at the end of the day, I suppose (that’s what I’m telling myself anyway!)

Luckily I still have my previous system (KEF LS50 active speakers).

4 Likes

So sad to hear that

2 Likes

I regret having to sell my Maple ProAc D30R speakers. They were the first Gen that used the very expensive Carbon Fiber woofer. Also my custom made Maple BOX Furniture rack, waited almost 16 weeks to get. Decided to sell when I was diagnosed with cancer.

7 Likes

not hifi but one of my regrets!

14 Likes

Ah, well, if you’re going to put it like that, I certainly regret selling my Meridan Triumph T140E!

I also regret selling my vinyl and Linn twenty’s years earlier, but not much. I regret buying the Linn LK1/LK2 much more. I grew to have a visceral hatred of them :scream:

4 Likes

NOS Garrard 301 boxed and never used from a site clearance in the mid 1990s. Gave it away for nothing realising I didn’t have the time to do anything with it or the finances to add a top arm/cartridge.

1 Like

In the mid-80’s I gave away my entire 250 LP collection, and a few 45’s, including my first ever 45 of The Tremeloes’ Silence is Golden, bought from a record store on Old Brompton Road.

I returned to playing records about 15 years ago and I kick myself frequently.

2 Likes

Oh yes!.. do I understand! :heart_eyes:

1 Like