What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

Superb intimate but with an impressive SQ.

Flac 24/96 https://www.soundliaison.com/

2 Likes

Qobuz 96/24 WAV, music from the archives of the French National Library.

1 Like

Steve - Can I ask you for your opinion on this album? Some reviews I’ve read suggest Beth’s vocal has been smothered on a few of the tracks, coded by the words ‘over produced’.

I’m more a fan of stripped-back Beth than listening to heavy mixes…and playing with Zep tunes is really on for the brave IMHO.

Hi, @HappyListener. I have to say that I like the album and have taken it to be and do what it says on the tin i.e. “A Tribute Led Zeppelin” and enjoy it for that reason. I doubt anyone can exactly imitate LZ and shouldn’t dare to. I think offence was taken by some/many because it didn’t sound exactly like LZ or it was not as instrumentally accomplished or that her voice does not fit. Personally I have always liked her voice but if someone doesn’t like it then they are never going to like this album.

So, I like it as a different take on LZ, I like how on many tracks she really nails it and I like the fact that its a very decent band backing her who are doing quite well trying to give a flavour of Zeppelin. As to her voice being smothered here and there, yes I think that has been done at the mastering stage perhaps toning down her over strong voice?

I shan’t be giving it many plays but being a fan of Beth Hart will enjoy it very occasionally just to enjoy what she does. You like her stripped back and this isn’t. If you have the opportunity to have a listen I’ll be interested in what you think. Cheers

Edit. If she and the band ever tour this album nearby I would certainly go the gig

3 Likes

Thanks @Steve_S – I’ll purchase the CD and report back.

1 Like

I just received a notification. Last chance to get the album at the introduction price is this weekend.
But the offer is only interesting if one goes for the higher sample rates.

San Pedro’s Vision | Elysium | bandcamp | 24/48 | FLAC
As recommended by a friend. San Pedro’s Vision are a fine young psychedelic rock band playing great music and managing to sound like they have been transported here from the 60s.

1 Like

currently available as name your price on Bandcamp

2 Likes

That is fine music there @Wren. I’ve just the initial album so will add this collection, thanks for the heads up. :+1:

I feel there’s some great music in there, but listening to the bandcamp stream is disappointing - splashy treble, muddy sound, recessed vocals…

What are the downloads like, SQ-wise?

I have done all my Bandcamp downloads in FLAC and they are excellent (usually 44.1/16 or 44.1/24). No issues at all for me.

1 Like

I do the same, which is why I was asking…………

Hi @suzywong, yes the stream is not great but I find all my downloads from there (about 650 of them) are fine in 16 or 24 bit FLAC.

Psych Against Cancer | Four Way Split | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

Bandcamp 16/44.1 FLAC and something I never thought I’d find on Bandcamp!

2 Likes

Red Hot Chili Peppers | Unlimited Love | Qobuz | 24/96 | FLAC

5 Likes

Airbag | Disconnected | bandcamp | FLAC | 16.44.1
I was playing some Airbag yesterday evening and discovered that a couple of tracks on All Rights Removed were missing and needed re-ripping but also that this album Disconnected was missing entirely.

4 Likes

Steve Roach & Vir Unis | Body Electric | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

2 Likes

Calexico | El Mirador | Qobuz | 24/48 | FLAC

4 Likes

All from Qobuz:
Bjørn Riis | Everything To Everyone | 24/44/1 | FLAC
Joe Satriani | The Elephants Of Mars | 16/44.1 | FLAC
Jack White | Fear Of The Dawn | 24/96 | FLAC

4 Likes