What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

All Them Witches - Lost And Found EP

From bandcamp in FLAC 16/44.1 & MP3 320

24/352 on soundliason shop…

2 Likes

Earlier via Qobuz

1 Like

Andrew Bird- My Finest Work Yet. 24/96 WAV from HD Tracks

2 Likes

Great to see the Gauthier Toux Trio, wasn’t aware and will also get this one…

1 Like

Really enjoyed the first track, the Unsquare Dance. Cheers.

The Feenbrothers was ok, but I had hoped to be more excited, still love the original more, even while this is nicely recorded…

Sound Liaison are asking for feedback regarding the recording method.
In a sense it is the Witmer Trio multi mic vs the Feenbrothers one mic;

vs

I would prefer if they kept on with both ways of recording, as I found both ways works very well.

2 Likes

strong text
Just downloaded these four from Bandcamp in WAV. Holion, Canadian outfit producing dark ambient instrumental tunes with a deep driving bass rhythm.

1 Like

All Qobuz 24/96

All Qobuz - Coltrane 24/192, Bald 24/88.2 and Joshua 24/96

1 Like

24/96

1 Like

Great a new Redman album on the way. I liked the previous album;

1 Like

The difference is actually not that big> Ok it is one microphone versus a few more but the philosophy is the same;

[quote]When creating the sound stage, Frans spent a great deal of time getting the balance of the Witmer Trio as optimal as possible using the ambient microphone stereo pair placed in the ‘‘sweet spot’’ in Studio 2, before adding the spot microphones.

We wanted to create a sound field that was intimate but also had enough depth to reflect a visual representation of the instruments.
In a sense we adopted the same philosophy as Cajan Witmer in his arrangements as we wanted the melodic part of each instrument to stand out without overshadowing the whole. Thus the piano and the drums have been given a position in the sound field, instead of the more common, radio friendly approach, with the instruments piled on top of each other with no placement. The benefit of this approach is that you can actually see the trio in front of you between the speakers.

In a sense we are old fashioned, maybe we listened to too many old jazz recordings, but on the other hand…this is what we believe a high-resolution recording should be about. [/quote]

Yes heard it once now, liked it a lot…

Witmer or Feenbrothers?

https://store.nonesuch.com/artists/joshua-redman/come-what-may-digital-album-flac.html

They continue where they left off 20 years ago, when I heard the band live, fine album!

3 Likes

All from Bandcamp

1 Like

All from Qobuz

1 Like