What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

Andy Bloyce | Physics Of Interstellar Space | bandcamp | 24/44.1 | FLAC

1 Like

White Canyon & The 5th Dimension | The Kingdom Of No Return
bandcamp | 24/44.1 | FLAC
This was an unexpected gift from a friend.

1 Like

Shostakovich: Symphonies 4, 5 & 6 - Klaus Mäkelä, Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra

New release 96/24bit from Qobuz… offering 59% off Hi-Res version via Sublime = £8.99 for now.

3 Likes

Yes, I downloaded this recently as well. After one proper listen I’m very impressed.Stunning recording. I have versions by Gergiev, Nelsons, Kondrashin, Rostropovich, Mravinsky & Barshai and so not really in the market for another but this grabbed me. As you say, with a Sublime account a real bargain.

2 Likes

Yes the recording is amazing, certainly one of my top 5 new albums this year. I’ve queued some other Decca/Klaus Makela recordings with an eye on future download possibilities!

1 Like

I accidentally purchased the wrong version of an album from Qobuz last week. Sent them an email explaining my mistake and that I’d delete the file and pay the difference, got a reply no problem. The email included a link to download the correct album and there’s no need to delete the other. Now that’s customer service.

9 Likes

A great result @Pete_the_painter, hats off to Quobuz for doing that.

2 Likes

That’s great, I had a similar good experience when I bought a track instead of a album by mistake and they sent me a link to download the album at no cost.

3 Likes

Centrozoon | Blast | bandcamp | FLAC | 16/44.1

‘Centrozoon are a duo consisting of the guitarist Markus Reuter and synthesist Bernhard Wostheinrich. Blast contains four epic soundscapes that are ambient in intent but with unusual sequencer under-scores. Mixed by Ian Boddy this album should appeal to anyone who liked Distant Rituals (DiN 2).’

Bear McCreary

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Season 2)

Qobuz - 24bit/48kHz

Edward

1 Like

Sorry wrong topic.

Wild God Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, 24/96 WAV from Qobuz

4 Likes

BandCamp WAV

2 Likes

Yes - Fragile Super Deluxe 2024 Edition.

Just the four CDs worth (no LP :grin: ) at 16/44.1 FLAC, from Juno Downloads. Around £25.

1 Like

+1 Maybe the best recorded album in my collection and that with 1! Microphone. Incredible.

1 Like