What is the latest music you've downloaded where did you buy it and in what resolution?

Gustavo Denourad | Mysterious Wind | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

“Buenos Aires-based Gustavo’s luminous, relaxing and contemplative atmospheres float upon minimalist and hypnotic ambient drones.”

Genres: Ambient, New Age, Drone

2 Likes

Ian Body & Chris Carter | Caged | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

1 Like

Fish

Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors (2024 Remix)

Qobuz - 24bit/48kHz

Edward

5 Likes

What’s the remix like?

Psychedelic Source Records : This Is. Bandcamp (44.1/16)

A wonderful hour of meandering instrumental jams.

Psychedelic Source Records is a loose psychedelic/space/instrumental collective from Hungary. Releases are sometimes under specific band names, others (like this one) under the umbrella name of the collective.

“This Is” is a wonderful 90 minutes of meandering instrumental spacey jams, ideal for just floating away on. They pretty much give all their music away for free, but if you like them and want to download them, please give them some financial support.

I also recommend two releases under the band name Los Tayos - just search for Psychedelic source records. A few of the releases are on Qobuz if Bandcamp isn’t your thing.

2 Likes

Sibelius Symphony No. 5 Barbirolli The Hallé Orchestra, HD Tape Transfers, PCM DXD 24/352 with no filters. This one from a vinyl record.

Stravinsky Le Sacre Du Printemps - Stravinsky Conducts Columbia Symphony Orchestra (Redux)HDTT15332

PCM DXD 24/352 with no filters. From a 1960 mastertape.

5 Likes

Steve Roach | New Life Dreaming [2024 remaster] | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC

Volumes 4-11 in this series. (I already had 1-3.)

For anyone who wishes Bach wrote more music for lute, this is the next best thing. Weiss lived at the same time as Bach and was the greatest lutenist of his era. Allegedly Bach was an admirer.

CD quality. No hi-res available. On sale at Presto.

3 Likes

Paul McCartney and Wings One Hand Clapping WAV 96/24. Got it from Qobuz for $16.90 which I thought was a bargain.

5 Likes

I have listened to some of it and thought it sounded really good. Waiting for my deluxe set to arrive and will listen to it in full then.

1 Like

Cartas de Japon | Live at La Siesta Del Fauno | bandcamp 24/48 | FLAC

Live session recorded At La Siesta Del Fauno, Buenos Aires, Argentina on June 22, 2024. Berlin School, electronic and ambient.

3 Likes

Din Mix | Star’s End | bandcamp | 16/44.1 | FLAC
5 albums and 5 hours from various artists on Ian Boddy’s DiN label playing all shades of wonderful electronic music. Available to buy at a name your price from $1 up.

Oooh…

Unrelated to thread title but did you see this:

My vinyl copy is rather ropey. Nice.

QobuzFest is back - is there actually anything new? Got bored perusing most of it.

Nothing new, the usual stuff

1 Like

Thought so, just as well to be honest.

No I didn’t see it @Alley_Cat, I seem to remember that he was very into listening to Jazz, so this could be quite a departure!

1 Like

From Qobuz and a nudge from @ewemon

Richard Clapton remastered replacing my 30+ year old CDs.

Goodbye Tiger 16/44.1 WAV

Prussian Blue 16/44.1 WAV

IMG_5787

Great Escape 24/96 WAV

Looking forward to the remastered versions of Girls on the Avenue and Main Street Jive.

2 Likes