What is the one hi-fi thing you regret selling?

My Linn Sondek / Black Ittok / Troika.
But I don’t dwell on it, you can’t change the past.

1 Like

Well I have had them for 13 years now and I have kept them because the likely proceeds are terrible compared to their value to me but a pair of curtains is a bit in the way of where they might go (with the tv

That is either side of the tv, powered by unitiqute. The floor is solid but not quite sure I can get close to the back wall due to the curtains. I wonder if I should just get a muso…

Hah! Such a tease. A photo of everything except the SBLs…

So to add,
My current Phonostage is in the same price bracket as the pre
Marginally more expensive than the 552

The idea of a Statement pre appeals if I can create the funds, but once again I can’t justify the S1 pre unless the phonostage is at the same level

Lyndon

Sorry. - they are in the loft surrounded by mess! Need new grilles, too

The list is very long…

Probably the Classé DR3b and the Nakamichi 700 but I have my trusty little Nait 2 to comfort me. Still waiting for a ONIX OA21 Icon to keep me company for my old days but don’t think it’s going to happen now :sleepy:

1 Like

Who sells anything!!! :exploding_head: Wha??

I have everything I bought since I was a teenager, including my Dual 1225.

3 Likes

Loads of records that I sold when CD was king which I could never afford to replace now. Upsets me when I think about it…

5 Likes

Linn Kan II, Naim NAP 135s.

3 Likes

Linn Keilidhs. And my pair of dirt cheap matt black Soundstyle Tripod racks with black ash shelves. All back in 2001.

If I had them, I’d use a UQ2 and DacV1 as the badis for an active Keilidh system build on shoebox components.

Reminiscent of my beautiful Elite CLD-99 laserdisc player, which I let go for $100 last summer with 15 disks. Your player aged better!

Nick

1 Like

Oh ditto Nick. I forgot about my old Denon LD player and 50 odd Laserdiscs. I loved the thing at the time. Clunky and so much more work than a DVD or streaming but it made movie night an event.

I had managed to get my hands on a lenco, but I had no use for it, so it sat in the attic and sadly tumbled to the floor. Never did get to hear it.

1 Like

May as well add my own item , early Mission 710 speakers - probably the first “real equipment” I owned. Beautifully finished, nice sounding, but in those days, Mission would change a speaker completely and keep the same model designation (IIRC). Mine were a “good” 710 but I think their were several with the same designation over time. Have to add Yamaha cr-820 receiver - absolutely lovely to look at (even with all the meters and buttons. If I ever did build a second system (and it would be for looks) I would love to get my hands on the even bigger 1020/2020/3020? - can’t remember the #'s completely anymore .

My first Hifi was Arcam with a pair of B&W 601 s3. I sold the lot a few years back but now wish I had kept the speakers. In hindsight I realise how much fun they were.

I’m not sure if I would even be using them but I would love to have them.

I sold them to my boss so I guess there may still be a chance to buy them back one day.

My broken Arcam Alpha5+… I should have got it mended.

I could be talked back into owning most of my old kit. There’s times I miss my cd3.5/fc/nait3, it was the system that snared me 20 years ago.

3 Likes

Old things part fund new things, ergo not selling or part exchanging means less upgrade capability…

Different strokes for different folks. I have sold plenty of things. But by the same token, I have gathered a collection of old computers going back 20 years and hifi bits to build several frankenstein mismatched systems. Things come in and out of use as circumstances change. Ultimately I hang on to most electronics and often for the most silly sentimental reasons.

I have a set of Bose AM10 I got in 2005 I’m about to have no use for after 15 years sterling service. I should sell them. But they are my last link to a set of memories from a very interesting time.

I totally understand irrational hoarding of electronics more than old clothes and stuff. Nostalgia makes me happy.

1 Like

Naim CD5. Still got around 700 cd’s nothing to play them on. What a muppet.
naim_cd5x_left

1 Like