What made you smile today? ☺️

You expect us to believe that?

1 Like

Yes M’lud

Last time we were in Bergan, about three years ago, it was pouring !!

We were stood in a queue for the funicular railway and Mrs D asked the young lad beside us, who was clearly Norwegian, “What’s it like here in Bergan when it isn’t raining ?” to which the young lad replied " I don’t know, i’m only 11 and a half !"

4 Likes

Wind.

took this at the weekend of my two cats - the fast show - Somone is sitting there!

7 Likes

This made me smile this afternoon. The original post, set in context, is in the Brain Teaser thread

I carefully explained this visualisation of dealing 52 cards in all their different ways to Mrs D.

I had to take it slowly, especially the concept of how many atoms there are in the Earth - she could visualise the back garden (1/3 acre) - but was struggling a bit with the Earth.

She didn’t feel that atoms could shuffle and deal a deck of cards every second- they would need at least a minute ! and what had the Big Bang to do with it - nobody was around at that point in time :sunglasses:

But eventually, I thought i’d managed to deliver a reasonable concept of how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is until she concluded with “so not really worth trying, I suppose ?”

Bless ! It did make me smile.

6 Likes

Beginning to hear echos of the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy …

4 Likes

Pulled out a draw to look for some staples and found my badge collection.

Did make me smile - we used to wear these things.

7 Likes

That’s bizarre Satori - someone said almost exactly the same to me this afternoon.

1 Like

waking up this morning…

5 Likes

A negative CV19 test this evening

4 Likes

A Ukranian student telling me their father was in the military. I saluted them, they saluted back, and we smiled at the recent successes.

Valhalla awaits.

7 Likes

Sometimes though we can be woken too early by factors beyond our control :smiley:

…I am in my 70’s so I get the opportunity to wake up and smile a few times during the night and have for years. :wink:

6 Likes

I’m a bit younger but so do I if that’s any consolation!

It also doesn’t help that I’m a night owl and turn in late - Mrs AC isn’t and her jarring alarm wakes me early as she starts work much earlier.

2 Likes

As an old(er) man I can confirm that I am often snoring before going to bed.

6 Likes

For 40 years I was a night owl, and thought that my predisposition to stay up late was well matched to my chosen career in boarding schools. When I moved out of residential responsibilities after 32 years I was worried that commuting for more than 30 seconds would be a step too far.

How wrong I was. Now I am an early bird, who gets to use the BiFrost before any other Asgaardian stirs, and am finally synchronised with the rest of the family who, I have discovered, are actually quite pleasant.

The realm of light is a wonderful thing and makes me smile every dawn with a spectacle almost worthy of the aurora borealis, chorused by nature. :innocent:

11 Likes

Saturn has always been a favourite of mine in our solar system (from NASA/JPL-Caltech):

Wishing everyone a lovely evening/day :relaxed:

1 Like

Mrs Willy started an upholstery class yesterday. This morning she was telling me about the tools she needed to get, including a hammer with a “magnifying” head that holds the tack. Mrs Malaprop would have been so proud.

Willy.

5 Likes

Catching up with ‘farming today’ on BBC radio 4 where they are talking about goats this week. The Royal Welsh has a mascot, a goat, Shenkin IV. He was chosen because he had a perm …

3 Likes