Mrs H.

Your cleaning lady assume?

3 Likes

The first photo on this topic.

1 Like

Looks just like Toothless.

2 Likes

Go on … that’s plasticene. Pull the other one … :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess most people are trying to push positive thoughts these days after 3 years of Covid confusion.
Or as John Cleese would say, “Logical positivism” …

It is a very long story , but I am doing a third party submission to the Court Of Appeal.

And it is stressful

1 Like

Another day and another thread disappeared - did it stray into politics? I don’t remember anything fishy about it, though may have missed something overnight. :smile:

AC, a couple of posts were flagged (probably stayed into politics) so I have quarantined to take a look.

1 Like

Fair enough, possibly something related to biometrics which I wouldn’t immediately consider politcial - I think my concerns were primarily more privacy and data protection related. There was a link to a BBC article, I don’t think it was political per se more an example of where the system is rather inflexible.

Please prune the comments here as necessary.

Mrs Houdini,

My cleaning lady aka The Weekly Miracle is much heavier and I wouldn’t dream of having her sit on my knee.

3 Likes

It has been raining all last night and this morning here in Oslo. My eight year old son, who is still learning English properly, sang the popular nursery rhyme:

“It’s raining; it’s pouring.
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and bumped his head,
And couldn’t get up in the morning.”

As we were getting the breakfast ready, he said that the song is weird, I asked him why as I sang it in my head. His response was that;

“the old man is sleeping before he goes to bed?”

1 Like

Barriers are not necessarily insurmountable as they could be construed as obstacles that have many alternative solutions (navigating around is often easier and perhaps more scenic as opposed to the more ‘direct’ route).

Negatives can also become positives and let us not dwell upon the modicum of mortality (lest it hinders): I would consider that you could perhaps benefit from having a ‘new’ furry familial friend (dog/cat/pet) on your lap.

Wishing you a lovely morning :relaxed:

1 Like

You expect us to believe that?

1 Like

Yes M’lud

Last time we were in Bergan, about three years ago, it was pouring !!

We were stood in a queue for the funicular railway and Mrs D asked the young lad beside us, who was clearly Norwegian, “What’s it like here in Bergan when it isn’t raining ?” to which the young lad replied " I don’t know, i’m only 11 and a half !"

4 Likes

Wind.

took this at the weekend of my two cats - the fast show - Somone is sitting there!

7 Likes

This made me smile this afternoon. The original post, set in context, is in the Brain Teaser thread

I carefully explained this visualisation of dealing 52 cards in all their different ways to Mrs D.

I had to take it slowly, especially the concept of how many atoms there are in the Earth - she could visualise the back garden (1/3 acre) - but was struggling a bit with the Earth.

She didn’t feel that atoms could shuffle and deal a deck of cards every second- they would need at least a minute ! and what had the Big Bang to do with it - nobody was around at that point in time :sunglasses:

But eventually, I thought i’d managed to deliver a reasonable concept of how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is until she concluded with “so not really worth trying, I suppose ?”

Bless ! It did make me smile.

6 Likes

Beginning to hear echos of the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy …

4 Likes