What motorcycle do you ride and what do you think of it?

You lucky so and so having a bike in your lounge, i tried to get my missus to let me place a fully restored GS 750 in our lounge and even offered to place it on a hardwood plinth, the permanent answer? Nope!!

3 Likes

Just picked this beast up!

8 Likes

That is an absolute beauty, especially considering its potential age, has it been restored, or are we looking at a prime example of a well kept machine?

It’s 21 years old and has covered 15800 miles, the last owner had it for 13 years and only did 1400 miles in that time. Picked it up last week, isn’t it great when a bike is in better condition than you thought it would be.
All original apart from the end can, practically unmarked.

2 Likes

Yes, quite incredible that, look after it, I’m sure you will though, something to be cherished!

2 Likes

superb buy - well done

2 Likes

Nice, have you compared it to the Speed Triple ?

1 Like

Grrr had a deposit on the Spit and let it go… :frowning:

1 Like

R7 - nice… you didn’t by chance take her on the Yamaha “Advanced Riding Course” at the Nürburgring did you ?.. it was a great fun

A Suzuki GS 750 ? I had one of those in 1977, when the first came out, it was red in colour. I was 23, a great time of my life.
I sold it a few years later to scrape together a deposit for a new house. As I was getting married.
Ah well that’s life.

2 Likes

Nice ride over Saddleworth Moor last weekend to visit my parents , playing with a 360 camera and breaking in new Stadler jacket .

8 Likes

Not mine but this is just a great shot of a legendary 916!:sunglasses:

12 Likes

Even an image of such a small area of that bike exudes quality and design astheatic.

2 Likes

Looking at that cloud over your right shoulder suggests you’re going in the right direction!

1 Like

That’s Yorkshire over my shoulder, much sunnier on the other side of the moor :joy:

How did your France/Italy trip go Pete?

It was really good thanks , the sense of freedom when I rode off the Eurotunnel in Calais was wonderful to feel again after the last couple of years . The roads in France are up there with the best and I tend to stick to the D roads unless I need to make up time . I stopped in Epernay , Beaune , Chambery , Auxerre and Lille . I wanted to go over the Alps into Italy but their was a huge weather system south of Chambery for a few days so I headed west towards Lyon and the dry before heading back homewards . The highlight was an amazing and flowing road on the way to Annecy which is also one of my favourite places anywhere . I’m looking forward to doing it again now I’ve shaken the cobwebs off .

I found this brilliant little Hotel for the first night in Epernay , I felt like staying there all week !

6 Likes

Its impossible not to stop for a breather at least in Annecy , its stunning and a really nice town as well .

3 Likes

I certainly agree with you about French roads, like a billiard table! Just slightly bettet than the roads here in Yorkshire!! The glass of wine and peanuts - very civilised young man!

1 Like

Superb scenery!