What records will you admit to owning which others may not?

No way, I didn’t know he’d made any. That’s fantastic!

1 Like

I have one of those, a gift from my Aunt after a particularly splendid win by Wales at Cardiff Arms Park over England. I was singing all the way home. Them, not so much, being England supporters.:rofl:
We were sat a few seats over and a couple of rows back from Max, complete with leek🤣, that day🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

1 Like

Found this in the collection when I was moving things around last week.
I believe my wife’s parents bought it for her when she was 13. Bizarre really, as she was already a wannabe ‘Coverdale’ groupie and would rather listen to Maiden than this🤷🏻‍♂️

2 Likes

The Golden Hits of Shirley Bassey. Bought for £1 in a charity shop years ago. I guess the tracks were taken directly off the master tapes as the sound quality is pretty good. Goldfinger is incredibly dynamic. My guilty pleasure!!

4 Likes

Brilliant - you must have had your doctor’s papers. Here’s what’s available on Qobuz.

2 Likes

Good on you – now if you’d have said Max Bygraves (the late d.2012), that would be cause for concern :grin:

I’m sure there is an LP by Pam Ayres in one of my racks. From the days of gentle humour.

Oh, and quite a few Burly Chassis albums bought by my late dad at petrol stations & newsagents (MfPs and worse!) – similar to the above highlighted by @Paul6 .

4 Likes

Oggy Oggy Oggy.

2 Likes

This is a real collectors item from the time when David Van Day was in the band.

I’m not going to open it - sealed it should be worth a lot more.

5 Likes

It would make sense if it were worth more sealed - that way, there’s less danger of it being played inadvertently.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It’s in a locked drawer for protection.

3 Likes

I confess to having this. What was I thinking?.

Ricky_Martin_1999

1 Like

I can’t decide if this qualifies or not :thinking:
It was handed over as a freebie this afternoon.
I was at my favourite market stall Vinyl vendor when a lady walked up with a box of Vinyl. He gave her £3 each for them and this was the one at the back.
I commented on it as I made my purchases and he threw it in for free🤷🏻‍♂️
On visual inspection it seems in very good condition…

4 Likes

Here’s a couple and I love them both. Always felt the need to support Europop!

1 Like

Noooooo…that’s quality IMV :grin: Sorry but Midge is something you should aspire to own, alongside the likes of OMD.

I bought a large box of 12’’ singles via e-bay many years ago and could wallpaper this thread with some of that stuff :scream: I’m still not sure what possessed me to do such a thing.

1 Like

I think I owned it on Cassette, back in the day and remember liking it.
It will get a clean and I’ll see how it plays and what memories it brings back when I do🙂

You’ve got to watch the video too :grin: – a piece of pop art IMV.

From the days of ambiguous & sparce lyrics, high quality pop videos which often had no relationship to the lyrics (where several highly successful film directors cut their teeth) and great electro-pop, new wave and other, sometimes confusing, descriptors.

Oh, agreed.
It was a classic video.
Cinematography was really good, especially that bit towards the end with the girl in the flowing dress running down the stairs in time to the descending scales on the ‘Piano’…
Very ARTISTIC.
I really enjoyed the Genre back in the day. Still have all my music that was on vinyl from the time, including OMD, Tubeway Army (inc Gary Newman), The Police et al…

1 Like

Absolutely nothing wrong with Max Boyce albums.
… and I’m English :grinning:

1 Like

Oh better not confess to having

Max Bygraves - Deck of Cards

2 Likes