What releases are you looking forward to

JARV IS - Beyond The Pale. New work from Jarvis Cocker, released in May. More info on Super Deluxe Edition.

1 Like

Paul McCartney - McCartney. Special half speed mastered reissue for Record Store Day. More info on McCartney’s website. Think I may pop down to the LRS for this one. A press run of 7000 worldwide so plenty of discs will be available. From Super Deluxe Edition…

"This limited edition of McCartney was pressed from a master cut by Miles Showell at half speed using the original 1970 master tapes at Abbey Road Studios. It was made as a vinyl specific transfer in high resolution and without digital peak limiting, for the best possible reproduction.

McCartney will be available at participating independent records shops on 18 April 2020. More Record Store Day-related news on SDE tomorrow"

https://www.paulmccartney.com/news-blogs/50th-anniversary-half-speed-mastering-release-of-mccartney-for-record-store-day

3 Likes

I’ve just ordered this on blue vinyl. It will also be available on purple vinyl. While I was there I noticed that Sopwith Camel’s The Miraculous Hump Returns From the Moon is also about to be reissued on vinyl. I went for the red…

1 Like

Dinosaur’s new album, “To the Earth”, to be released on the 15th May

3 Likes

The new one of GoGoPenguin…

1st of May…

2 Likes

Where did you order Fiends from, Richard?

Only place I could find it on pre-order in the UK was Amazon. There’s a purple and a blue version listed. The Blue is limited to 300 copies and the Purple to 700 copies.

1 Like

Thank you! I never thought of Amazon as I assumed it would be such a niche release. Heading over there right now!

And…done. In blue. My thanks again, Richard.

Lots of really interesting jazz vinyl planned for RSD this year (a lot more interesting than the mainstream stuff), inc Bill Evans, Don Cherry, Ron Carter, Miles, Mingus, etc

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Let it be. 50th Anniversary. Must be due soon.

Norah Jones’ 7th album Pick me up off the floor, due out May 8th !

4 Likes

Christine & the Queens / La Vita Nuova EP due out in May. More info over in Super Deluxe Edition, inc the film…

“There is a 14 minute film to accompany this release. The EP has been available on streaming platforms for a while, but will be issued on CD and ‘crystal clear’ pink vinyl on 10 April 2020.”

3 Likes

This is out on 1st May on vinyl and hi-res digital. Cut direct to disc by Night Dreamer Music. It’s an absolute monster!

1 Like

The Killers: Imploding the Mirage. Released 29th May 2020. Just hope its better than their last, the not so “Wonderful Wonderful” :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Released 1st May

1 Like

Out 24th April on CD, all-analogue vinyl LP and hi-res. A previously unreleased Art Blakey album!

7 Likes

Paul Weller

On Sunset

Released 12/06/2020

Earth Song

Edward

3 Likes

Aaron Parks, little big 2.

Here some tracks: