What releases are you looking forward to

More or less see him every year live. He is playing is definitely in a special class. One of the three great living pianist of today.

Yes. I wish I could see him perform live in the US.
He always have an interesting thing to say via his playing.

The Rolling Stones - Living In a Ghost Town. New track from the RS, but didn’t The Specials get there first! Hopefully a new LP will follow…

‘LIVING IN A GHOST TOWN’ a new song from The Rolling Stones. Written by Mick Jagger & Keith Richards, created & recorded in Los Angeles, London and in isolation.

Mick- ‘‘So the Stones were in the studio recording some new material before the lockdown and there was one song we thought would resonate through the times that we’re living in right now. We’ve worked on it in isolation. And here it is – It’s called ‘Living in a Ghost Town’ - I hope you like it”

Keith- “So, let’s cut a long story short. We cut this track well over a year ago in L.A. for part of a new album, an ongoing thing, and then sh111t hit the fan Mick and I decided this one really needed to go to work right now and so here you have it , “Living in a Ghost Town”. Stay safe!”
Charlie- “I enjoyed working on this track. I think it captures a mood and I hope people who listen to it will agree.”

Ronnie- “Thanks so much for all your messages these past few weeks, it means so much to us that you enjoy the music. So we have a brand new track for you, we hope you enjoy it. It has a haunting melody, it’s called Living in A Ghost Town.”

1 Like

As always a release from Paul Weller is something to look forward to. I have it on pre order it’s released in June. I have tickets to see him in Valencia on July 12th but unfortunately due the coronavirus this looks unlikely to happen.

3 Likes

1 Like

Cc,
The tune bird is class!

Ordering as I type!

Atb
Kk

1 Like

Info from Super Deluxe Edition. Interesting cast of musicians and song selection.

Children Of The Revolution – Kesha
Cosmic Dancer – Nick Cave
Jeepster – Joan Jett
Scenescof – Devendra Banhart
Life’s A Gas – Lucinda Williams
Solid Gold, Easy Action – Peaches
Dawn Storm – Børns
Hippy Gumbo – Beth Orton
I Love To Boogie – King Khan
Beltane Walk – Gaby Moreno
Bang A Gong (Get It On) – U2 feat. Elton John
Diamond Meadows – John Cameron Mitchell
Ballrooms Of Mars – Emily Haines
Main Man – Father John Misty
Rock On – Perry Farrell
The Street and Babe Shadow – Elysian Fields
The Leopards – Gavin Friday
Metal Guru – Nena
Teenage Dream – Marc Almond
Organ Blues – Helga Davis
Planet Queen – Todd Rundgren
Great Horse – Jessie Harris
Mambo Sun – Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl
Pilgrim’s Tale – Victoria Williams with Julian Lennon
Bang A Gong (Get It On) Reprise – David Johansen
She Was Born To Be My Unicorn / Ride A White Swan – Maria McKee

3 Likes

A short promo video for Paul Weller’s up and coming record On Sunset. Looks like it might be another great group of songs from one of our best singer song writers.

I’m really into what he has been doing these last few years nothing too radical just gently evolving and always aspiring to become a better song writer.

I believe he gets back together with fellow Style Council member Mick Talbot on this record which really is something to look forward to can’t wait.

I was due to see him live in the Jardins Viveros in Valencia on July 12th a beautiful open air venue right in the city center unfortunately it doesn’t look like it will happen.

3 Likes

Yes I have and I really enjoyed it unfortunately copies now go for silly money so I’m reliant on streaming which is a shame because I’d like to hear a vinyl copy.
Away from his major work he does have these little spin offs which can be very experimental the soundtrack to Jawbone is excellent too.

He went through quite an experimental period 5 to 10 years ago Sonik Kicks didn’t really resinate with me at the time but listening to it now there are some great songs on that record and it was crtically acclaimed and very well recieved.

Then came Saturns Pattern and a Kind Revolution which had some good tracks but his last record True Meanings was fantastic as was the following live record. He now seems to have settled into an almost folky vibe with as always a very soulful twist which I’m just loving…

3 Likes

Nice to see some love for Paul Weller I’m 50 years old and have been listening to his music since I was 10 years old and have watching him live since 1979 when at 11 years old I saw The Jam at the Brighton Centre and then again twice in 1982 including the farewell concert when I was 13. I have never again felt that same rush of excitement as watching that band live it was incredible.

I saw him perform a few times as The Style Council including a memorable short set at a CND rally in Clapham Common when he performed Johannesburg with Gill Scot Heron and members of Loose Ends also on the bill where Sade and a very emaciated Boy George.

I have also seen him perform many, many times as solo artist including a very memorable night on the Pyramid Stage, Glastonbury 1994 when he was incredible one of the musical highlights of my life.

Such an immensely talented songwriter when you consider he wrote All Mod Cons in 1979, Cafe Bleu in 1984, Wild Wood in 1993 and True Meanings in 2019. He has been writing critically acclaimed music for more than 40 years had his first No1 LP in 1982 and his last in 2012 .

He isn’t an artist who just keeps performing live , churning out the same old records to the same audience he is always attempting new things and writing new material check out his last LP True Meanings and his new record On Sunset released next month should be another great LP.

A great live performer too he has also released some excellent live records.

The Jam - Dig The New Breed (1982)
The Style Council - Home & Abroad (1986)
Paul Weller - Live Wood (1983)
Paul Weller - Days of Speed (2001)
Paul Weller - Catch a Flame (2006)
Paul Weller - Other Aspects (2019) .

2 Likes

This, obviously:

3 Likes

Camel…Moonmadness Live at the Royal Albert Hall out on May 15th on Amazon, but cheaper from the bands website

1 Like

Abbey Road half-speed remaster of Sticky Fingers is on pre-order, also available Exile on Main Street and Some Girls, shipping 26th June.

5 Likes

Evening Eoin, hope the pressing is a goody, I think if backed into a corner SF is my favourite Stones album.Hope you are well and your mum too :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Alan, I’m well thanks, Mum had a bit of a health blip earlier in the week, the antibiotics seem to be working so far. Hope you’re doing well.
I have a lot of faith in the Abbey Road half speed pressings, Miles S and team have turned out some beauties. I noticed that there is a bundle of all 3 of the albums which saves £6 on buying them singly, and I never could resist a bargain…,

1 Like

Cheers Eoin, all well at my end too, take care.

1 Like

@Eoink, where did you manage to pre-order these releases from?

Thanks,
Neil.

Abbey Road studios.
Be warned, you end up on their mailing list, which can be expensive. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks very much.

I can vouch for the expense, especially when they release these mamoth half speed mastered boxsets that sound amazing!