What releases are you looking forward to

Apparently been postponed till Aug.

I’m definitely looking forward to the release of Neil Young’s Homegrown, only 45 years later than originally planned!

13 Likes

Pre ordered. Just another month to wait.

King King: Maverick out 16th October

1 Like

Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 10.05.18

Mary Chapin Carpenter - The Dirt And The Stars

After mining her back catalogue extensively some fresh material . Lucky enough to see her in London, I suspect we will be seeing far less overseas acts live thanks to the new visa requirements , whilst stars like MCC will meet the financial requirements I wonder about the backing artistes and musicians

2 Likes

The PJ Harvey vinyl re(?)issues. Whole back catalogue due.

Richard Thompson’s new EP, 6 tracks, download only. Launch party online next Sunday.

1 Like

Just to update on the RT EP, the launch party has been put back to 7th July.

Airbag…’A day at the beach’ to be released June 19th…

1 Like

7 Likes

Right now…

Ese and The Vooduu People
MERCURY IN RETROGRADE

Live double.

I am like a hoppity thing looking forward to this!

3 Likes

The Waterboys - Good Luck Seeker. New album in August. Mike Scott has been prolific of late, so this could be interesting. More info on their site and details also on Super Deluxe Edition…

5 Likes

Escape (Expanded Edition), just released today by Moon Duo.

To celebrate the tenth anniversary of Moon Duo’s long-out-of-print debut LP Escape, Sacred Bones is proud to present a new deluxe version of the album. The new reissue will include the original album in its entirety, plus three additional rare tracks taken from Moon Duo’s wild early days.

Yello - „POINT“. Out on August 28th. It’s four years since “Toy” came out so I’m pleased that something new from Boris & Dieter is imminent. New single “WABA DUBA” is out on the 19th June. From the Deluxe Special Edition website…

"Swiss electronic duo Yello will release a new album POINT next month.

The pair are of course Dieter Meier and Boris Blank and Point is their 14th studio album, following 2016’s Toy .

Describing their approach to their art, Blank says “I compare our music with visual worlds. I am a sound painter who works in his studio all the time.” You can hear a preview of Waba Duba, below.

According to the label, POINT takes the classic Yello sound of records like Stella , One Second and Flag and “twists it into something ultra-modern.” It is “part spy film, part Dali-painting, part strobe lit dance floor, part 4D car chase and part deep space torch song. It’s Yello, absolutely on point.”

POINT is available on CD and vinyl, but note that JPC in Germany have a special limited collector’s box which includes three bonus tracks on the CD, a concert recording of the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2017 on blu-ray and DVD, a vinyl picture disc of the album and a signed and numbered 12″ x 12″ art print. It’s not clear at this stage whether that’s exclusive or if it will end up anywhere else (Update - It appears to be a German exclusive, but not a JPC exclusive)."

4 Likes

Bob Dylan. Rough and rowdy ways. 19th June. 5* review in today’s Telegraph.

4 Likes

Pre-ordered the double cd and dvd of Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets - Live at The Roundhouse, now scheduled for a much delayed release on the 18th September, as @TheKevster mentions in a previous post this should have been released in March.

7 Likes

Nick is on radio 2 tonight with Jools Holland

4 Likes

Also got it on order, waiting and waiting - fortunately it is a present for someone , the bad news is that in Lockdown something like this would have been a treat

2 Likes

2 Likes

Been awhile since I was involved in gigs but it used to be if a US artist was touring UK then a UK artist had to be on tour in US. Could be all different now from when I put on gigs.