What releases are you looking forward to

A fair amount of the album is out on the ether but who knows if it will be the same version in September.

If only it were that simple these days, in about 180 days any touring group will have to show bank account details including bank balances over a certain period to the UK authorities

I would imagine that’s certainly going to cut down on overseas acts touring UK especially up and coming artists who haven’t got a brass farthing to call their name.

1 Like

I presume the promoter has to guarantee them .

It can also affect things as diverse as circus acrobats,

Sorry we are drifting off topic, but when we finally get the release from Lockdown I want to see some live music

Crazy means we will definitely see less new raw talent or bands are going to be asking for advance payments from promoters who in turn will be more careful about who they book. I remember The Edgar Broughton Band once asked me to pay up front for a gig I booked them for. Luckily enough it had sold out so had the funds in my account. They were the only ones to do so.

Don’t tell me they woke up in a Hotel Room afterwards ?

1 Like

Yep booked them the best hotel in town as they say and thankfully they didn’t go all rock and roll on me.

1 Like

Dire Straits. Studio albums. I know there are a lot of Straits fans on the forum. All 6 studio albums remastered in cd format. Release date 18/9/20 pre ordered :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Just don’t let Tony see it. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Two Tone - “The Albums” 40th Anniversary CD Boxset. No vinyl though (yet - ever the optimist!) :frowning:

4 Likes

I think Tony will hold back for the vinyl edition :joy:

5 Likes

I wonder how many remastered versions of these albums there are. Their primary label remastered releases on CD of a few years back seemed to have added detail, like someone turned up the gain - but that came with a lot of surface noise pick-up.

Dire Straits. I do have quite a few on original vinyl and again on a mixture of cd releases. The early cds and remasters from 96 didn’t impress. I’m just hoping they do a good job. I like the convenience of a cd box set. Music fans can’t resist buying the same albums over and over again :woozy_face:

I met another music lover/audiophile (c.2005 IIRC), who suggested it was worth rebuying many of the CDs released prior to c.2000, on the basis the DACs used in the process of transfer to CD had greatly improved over the years…but, of course, the master tapes were going the other way!

I agree re DS’s early CD releases (the single 45s are very good IMO), noting (IIRC) Brothers in Arms featured heavily in promoting the new CD format c.1986.

1 Like

Yusuf (Cat Stevens) Tea for the tillerman 2. Release date 18/9. Preordered vinyl because it’s 180g blue, has gatefold sleeve and double sided poster. I’m a sucker for that level of detail.

10 Likes

Dan Penn. Living on mercy. Release date 28/8 preordered cd. Dan’s album releases are very rare.

2 Likes

Me too. Do Right Man is one of my all time favourite albums.

1 Like

Absolutely. Do right man is a classic.

The Three Tenors

The Original Three Tenors In Concert, Rome, 1990 [30th Anniversary Edition]

Released 24/07/2020

Can’t wait, one of the best live concerts ever.

Edward

3 Likes